new nvidia drivers cause Geforce 4 ti-4200 drivers to cause BSOD in google earth and hallmark etc.

Old January 6th 06, 01:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default new nvidia drivers cause Geforce 4 ti-4200 drivers to cause BSOD in google earth and hallmark etc.

When I use the old drivers from nvidia on my geforce 4 ti-4200
everything works ok. when I install the newest drivers, google earth
and hallmark plus several other programs give me a BSOD. any ideas
why this would happen? I am using windows xp sp2.

Old January 6th 06, 03:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"BigJim" wrote in message
as you have found out not all the newer drivers are worth using.

Which would suck because the drivers are supposed to be a "unified" set that
should support cards that are even older than the GeForce4 series. To me,
if a product is listed as being supported, it should be properly supported
regardless of who the GPU/VPU maker is.

Old January 7th 06, 06:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

I am using the latest driver in my Ti 4600 and everything works OK.
So far I have not encountered any problem.

BigVoice

Old January 8th 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

wrote:

"BigJim" wrote in message
as you have found out not all the newer drivers are worth using.

Which would suck because the drivers are supposed to be a "unified" set that
should support cards that are even older than the GeForce4 series. To me,
if a product is listed as being supported, it should be properly supported
regardless of who the GPU/VPU maker is.

guess it depends on what apps you are using. when I was running the
new drivers, about 96% of everything was ok, but google earth and
hallmark would bomb out xp. went back to the old drivers and
everything works ok now.