Latitude CPx Laptop Cooling Fan

Old August 6th 05, 04:43 AM
Terry Smythe

Default Latitude CPx Laptop Cooling Fan

I've just acquired a Latitude CPx laptop. The cooling fan does not
appear to be working. Some screws are missing, so I know somebody
has been in it before me, so I opened it up, found the cooling fan
properly plugged in.

Is this cooling fan supposed to be operating continuously? OR, just
when a high temperature is reached?

If this fan is supposed to be operating continuously, how ominous is
this failure?

Regards,

Terry Smythe
Winnipeg, Canada
Old August 6th 05, 05:46 AM
Bill Joy

It only runs when it needs to. You can control it using this free utility:

http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

You should be able to get a replacement fan on eBay if you need one.

Old August 6th 05, 02:22 PM
Terry Smythe

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 04:46:34 GMT, "Bill Joy"
wrote:

It only runs when it needs to.

Thank you, good to know. Nothing in CMOS to suggest this. Now to
find a User Manual somewhere. Could not find it on the Dell site.

You can control it using this free utility:

http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

Thank you, got it, very much appreciated.

Regards,

Terry

Happy with Latitude D505 (even though have to exchange) Sonja Dell Computers 3 February 23rd 04 11:40 PM
Problem with Dell TrueMobile 1300 Wireless in new Latitude 600 Bob Schor Dell Computers 2 February 15th 04 02:20 AM
Router for new Dell Latitude D505 (Laptop) with Dell TrueMobile 802.11b/g mini pci wireless card newtothis Dell Computers 3 January 20th 04 01:45 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan Homebuilt PC's 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM