Correct Bios Settings -- Advanced Chipset Features -- GA-7N400 PRO2

Old May 28th 05, 01:09 AM
Jack

Default Correct Bios Settings -- Advanced Chipset Features -- GA-7N400 PRO2

System:

GA-7N400 PRO2
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton 333MHZ fsb chip
Two Kingston HyperX 512mb 184pin DDR 333 (pc 2700) Unbuffered memory
Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb
19" Flat Panel
Soundblaster Audigy2
160 gb Maxtor Drive
DVD +R-R
DVD ROM
Multi Card Reader -- Internal
Windows XP-HOME SP2

I am not sure what my settings should be under the Advanced Chipset Features
menu.

Should I have the System Performance Setting set to [Normal]?
What should the FSB Frequency be set to? 100, 133, 166 or 200

If I have my motherboard set to Optimized Defaults, will this place my
system in an Overclocked state?

What should the AGP Frequency be set to?

Old May 28th 05, 04:56 PM
jpsga

"Jack" wrote in message
System:

GA-7N400 PRO2
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton 333MHZ fsb chip
Two Kingston HyperX 512mb 184pin DDR 333 (pc 2700) Unbuffered memory
Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb
19" Flat Panel
Soundblaster Audigy2
160 gb Maxtor Drive
DVD +R-R
DVD ROM
Multi Card Reader -- Internal
Windows XP-HOME SP2

I am not sure what my settings should be under the Advanced Chipset
Features
menu.

Should I have the System Performance Setting set to [Normal]?

Normal is fine for starters.

What should the FSB Frequency be set to? 100, 133, 166 or 200

166mHz

If I have my motherboard set to Optimized Defaults, will this place my
system in an Overclocked state?

No

What should the AGP Frequency be set to?

66mHz

Nice rig.

Make sure the CLK_SW is ON ( auto) and set the CLK_RATIO switches to 6.5X.

jps

Old May 28th 05, 06:45 PM
Jack

"jpsga" wrote in message

"Jack" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the response. Can you tell me why the CLK_RATIO switch should be
set to 6.5x? I currently have it set to AUTO, all dip switches set to ON.

Old May 28th 05, 07:03 PM
Jack

"jpsga" wrote in message

"Jack" wrote in message
[...]

jps, The reason I asked about the 6.5x setting is because the number I
thougt it should be set to is 13. Obviously 6.5 is 1/2 of 13, so what logic
am I missing? Will it hurt to leave the CLK_RATIO at AUTO?

Old May 29th 05, 01:47 AM
jpsga

"Jack" wrote in message

"jpsga" wrote in message

"Jack" wrote in message
[...]

Ya got me!!
My error
S/B 166 *13=2158
so set to 13X not 6.5X.

The 166MHz is set in the 'Advanced Chipset Features'.
Now that you know how to clear the BIOS, you might try 13.5. A slight over
clock from the specified 2167MHz.

AUTO never worked for me, not sure why.

jps

Old July 31st 05, 06:48 PM
Youra nama

personally i would do 200 fsb with a memory at 83% or 166mHz and a 11x
multi to start with an psedo-xp3200+
this should get ya running

"Jack" wrote in
: