Video card with more than 32mb of video ram with P/I-P55T2P4 and TX97-E boards

Old January 29th 04, 08:05 AM
default

Default Video card with more than 32mb of video ram with P/I-P55T2P4 and TX97-E boards

Hi,

I have been trying to install new PCI video cards such as GeforceFX-5200 pci
128mb and Geforce4mx 64mb and geforce2mx 64mb pci cards in these two
motherboards. Both behave as if there is no video card installed. However
both will work with a nVidia TNT1 16mb pci card and with a Geforce2mx 32mb
card and with a Voodoo5 5500 64mb pci card.

Is there a bios bug in these boards that prevent the use of a framebuffer of
more than 32mb?

Thanks.

Old January 29th 04, 09:01 PM
David

My friend had a similar problems with PCI video card, it wouldnt boot with a
64 mb one, but it did boot fine with an AGP 64 meg card. I think it might
be related to the amount of current the newer pci cards draw (speculation)

Old January 30th 04, 01:02 AM
gdp

I've seen the same thing, but it may not be the amount of memory, but
the configuration. I CAN run a 64 MB (8 chips) GF2 MX in my TX97-XE,
but it won't run a 64 MB (4 chips) GF2 MX, or a 64 MB GF4 MX440, or a 64
MB (2 chips) Radeon 7500. With new PCI vid cards using fewer memory
chips with more memory per chip, you may be restricted. The highest
level 64 MB card I've seen with 8 chips was a Hercules Radeon 9000, but
they were short-lived, and I believe restricted to Europe.

George

--
Change 'invalid' with net to reply personally