Possible to burn 2 separate discs at one time?

Old October 26th 03, 11:54 AM
Gulliver

----------
In article , smh
wrote:

. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Paul Soderman wrote:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that if 2 separate burners are hooked

up,
it is possible to record different discs at the same time. I think that it
involved duplicating the software used to burn the CDR and choosing the
appropriate burner/drive for the respective disc being burned.

Of course, in trying to find a Usenet article concerning this, I found
nothing! Did I imagine this? Much thanks for any help!

There is software designed explicitly for burning concurrently to
several identical drives; the one I've seen (sorry, I don't remember
which) was a premium version of a common program, designed for a
duplication installation.

( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
"violates standards", Mikey? )

Prassi PrimoCD Plus and PrimoCD Pro64 simultaneously burn to 2 and 64
burners, respectively. Click'N Burn and RecordNow MAX simultaneously
burn to 64 burners. Nero simultaneously burns to 2 burners.

Other programs will let you do as you ask, using two instances of the
program writing to different drives from different source files.

None of the programs cited above require multiple instances.

In that
case, the drives do not have to be identical.

None of the programs cited above require identical drives (with only one
instance).

At one time, I
experimented successfully with that using CDRWin; both drives were on
the same SCSI card.

Save your two bit experience, and breath.

( Why doesn't Easy CD Cremator do simultaneous burn? Is it because it
"violates standards", Mikey? )

----------------------
Mikey, you are a Scum!
----------------------

I hope you get your problems sorted out by the time you get to 3rd Grade!...
seek professional help.
Old October 26th 03, 12:00 PM
Gulliver

----------
In article , smh
wrote:

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Are you bothered by "rant"? Why then do you torture yourself by reading
them? Am I putting a gun to your head forcing you to read them?

If you did, you'd miss, ...you haven't hit a target yet!

Old October 26th 03, 06:15 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)

From: smh
Subject: Do I need ASPI?
Date: 2/26/03

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

I believe Nero contains what it needs of the ASPI layer

Nero never did "contain" aspi.

(as does ECDC
for those OS's which do not provide a native interface).

Does Ezcd 4.02+ use aspi for the OS without the native interface,
Mikey? Do these say so, Mikey?

======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 6/30/00

ECDC 4.02 does not use ASPI anymore.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 4/6/01

ECDC from 4.02 on does not use the ASPI layer.
=====================

Does Ezcd 4.02+ use the native interface if available, like Win 2K,
Mikey?

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 26th 03, 07:01 PM
smh

From: smh
Subject: SCSI/ATAPI command timeout error - help
Date: 10/22/03

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote (10/21/03):

While Nero has its own component for the ASPI layer, an inconsistent or
corrupted set can do damage because bad components may have been loaded
before Nero got a chance to do 'its thing'.

(If an executable is already
loaded, Windows will not load it again even if it 'should'.) Repair is
tedious and can be painful;

You are full of it, Mikey.
It's not at all tedious or painful with ForceASPI.

that's one reason that the native interface
is provided in recent versions of Windows and most relevant software has
switched to it and one reason that Roxio has not used the ASPI layer
since ECDC 4.

Do Easy CD Cremator 4+ use the native interface on Win 2k/xp?

Let see now. Ezcd 4+ do not use aspi. Ezcd 4+ do not use the native
interface on Win 2k/xp. Just what do Ezcd 4+ use on Win 2k/xp?

Win 9x/me do not have the native interface. Ezcd 4+ do not use aspi.
What do Ezcd 4+ use on Win 9x/me?

-----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Sleazy Scum!
-----------------------------

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)

From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 6/30/00

Old October 27th 03, 11:39 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

=======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)
=======================================

From: smh
Subject: Feurio Aspi problem
Date: 7/4/02

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

I'm running:
Windows ME and Feurios 1.65

and when ever I star Feurio I get this error message:
Error at program start: Could not load ASPI-driver!

A component of 4.60 will not install over one of 4.71. Deletion will be
necessary to downgrade or 4.71 may be installed over the remnants of
4.60.

Note that some devices will have older ASPI components (often modified)
with dates later than those of the version you want to install. In that
case, all old versions will need to be removed for a clean install even
of 4.60.

The above applies to the Adaptec ASPI layer; I've not used any of the
alternatives which may install "older" files over newer ones.

ASPI on Win ME ???!!!

ASPI Kills Win ME - Adrian Miller (cRoxio)

======================
From: Adrian Miller (cRoxio)
Subject: The Adaptec ASPI layer on Windows 2000 and Me
Date: 7/4/01

I have plenty of evidence to prove that
installing the Adaptec ASPI into Me can wind up killing the OS ...

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: ASPI, W2K, and the truth
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.

( I have seen some of the reports Adrian has of disaster in WinMe
and would not trust it in that OS - if I trusted the OS at all. )
=====================

Whatever happened to the reports of disaster in Win ME, Mikey?
Did El Nino wash them all away, Mikey?

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 28th 03, 09:00 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

=======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)
=======================================

Unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: still need to know about aspi layer pleez, no smh
Date: 7/2/01

ASPI doesn't 'belong' on Win2K and

programs which *use* the ASPI layer
can create serious instabilities.
=====================

Recommend install aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Date: 11/30/02

Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional

Here's the procedure I recommend.
3. Run your ASPI installer
=====================

Back to problems/unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Easy CD Creator 4 and Win2K
Date: 8/23/03

You may also have chunks of an ASPI layer installed,
which alone is enough to create problems galore
=====================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 28th 03, 09:55 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

=====================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)
=====================================

===========================
From: davejohnson12
Subject: ASPI Layer and Adaptec/Roxio CD software - Help
Date: 4/6/01

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) wrote:

ASPI layer should not be installed in WinMe.

A tech support person at Plextor told me to install
the newest version of the ASPI layer

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 4/6/01

You were misinformed and I am blind-copying this to Plextor so they
may verify it with Roxio and inform their tech support staff.
=====================

But then again:

--------------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 10/20/02

Have ... WIN WE system.

I have upgraded the ASPI layer to version 4.7 using
an update from Adaptec

install a current, consistent copy such as Adaptec's
=====================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 29th 03, 10:10 PM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

==================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
==================================

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Is EZCD As Bad As Some Say?
Date: 9/28/02

When I tested for them, I said "bad" things about it
by reporting bugs.

I make no secret of either my success or my complaints with it.
=====================

No kidding! Hasn't your precious NDA limited you in what you say?

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
Subject: A Message to Roxio, Adaptec, Adrian Miller
Date: 11/17/00

Mike Richter stated yesterday that HE does the beta testing
for Adaptec / Roxio.

Yes, he said that many times in the past. If I was one,
though, I wouldn't exactly go around telling people that
I was one

I have never made a secret of the fact - in part
because it limits me in what I can say.

Those who are not subject to an NDA are free to invent and
to speculate.
=====================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 30th 03, 07:01 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

============================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)
============================

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 9/28/02

When I tested for them, I said "bad" things about it
by reporting bugs.

I make no secret of either my success or my complaints with it.
=====================

No kidding! Have you been violating your precious NDA, Agreement
and Word all these times, Mikey?

=============================
From: smh
Subject: Adaptec TakeTwo: === Response to Mike Richter ===
Date: 11/28/99

Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill) wrote:
smh wrote:

When you returned after a hiatus (or an exile as somebody called it),
you shouted very excitedly what a wonderful product Take Two is and
further added that it alone is worth the price of ECDC4, and it did
backup your system just wonderfully. When Adaptec ****ed up almost all
the functionality of ECDC4, your suggestion that Take Two is bug free
was hard to take.

Sorry about that. I report what I know and what I can subject to NDA.

You can take the NDA and shove it up to you know where.

... I will not violate my word in the NDA on beta results ...

One more time: Take that NDA and shove it up to you know where.

Both you and Adrian should have challenged "not me" and disproved it
with a statement that there were no reports of it either by the beta
testers or from internal tests.

Should I? In spite of my agreement? I don't know whether you consider
your word of no value, but I value mine - highly. That has nothing to do
with the sanctions that are imposed in the NDA, by the way.

What agreement is this? If it is what I think it is, then the comment I
made earlier about the NDA should apply to that also.

...There were reports! And you knew about the Registry corruption.
'There "may" be ... ' my foot. There were! And there will be.
They ought to skin you alive.

I have no comment to offer in violation of my agreement - my contract,
if you prefer - with Adaptec. If you expect me to go back on my word
with them, you will be frustrated.

I thought you knew nothing, but here you are insinuating that you know
something but... My, how noble of you, though!
=============================

Mikey:

Old October 31st 03, 03:01 AM
smh

Jerry W Barrington wrote:

smh wrote:

======================================
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
======================================

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

a lot of rant snipped

Is this only a rant, not libel?

==================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
==================================

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 9/28/02

When I tested for them, I said "bad" things about it
by reporting bugs.

I make no secret of either my success or my complaints with it.
=====================

Did you, Mikey?

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: (3/18/01)

...Remember that EZ-CD has been out for
short time and very few people have it, and we already heard more than
enough problem reports.

You have heard three sorts of problem reports:

1) Installation troubles
2) Specific inconveniences and stupidities on a relatively minor level
3) Speculative and uninformed general complaints, notably from one troll
who acknowledges that it has never run ECDC.
=====================

Did the above make no secret of these critical bugs, Mikey?

---------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: (5/15/01)

My own recommendation was to withhold release
until all critical bugs were exterminated

Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 11:33 PM
Old PC Occasionally Won't Start, Doesn't Power Down all the time mr x General 6 February 26th 04 05:50 AM
Nero for Multisession discs: How much space is really left forfiles? smh Cdr 4 September 26th 03 09:06 AM
cd-rw is recognized but will not burn Alex Cdr 1 September 19th 03 06:41 AM
Nero & Alcohol won't burn my cd images anymore... Joe Emenaker Cdr 0 June 25th 03 11:57 PM