celeron 433 128mb- upgrade ram, or upgrade cpu?

Old January 2nd 04, 09:12 AM
Dave Arbok

Default celeron 433 128mb- upgrade ram, or upgrade cpu?

What will help more, for running windows me and normal office
applications like excel and word, upgrading a celeron 466 with 128mb
ram to a total of 320mb of ram, or upgrading it to a pentium iii
500mhz, still with 128mb? Specifically, system is a hp pavilion 6535.
Thanks!!
Old January 2nd 04, 02:16 PM
Conor

In article , rocker1
@shegolfs.com says...
What will help more, for running windows me and normal office
applications like excel and word, upgrading a celeron 466 with 128mb
ram to a total of 320mb of ram, or upgrading it to a pentium iii
500mhz, still with 128mb? Specifically, system is a hp pavilion 6535.
Thanks!!

Definitely RAM although with Win9x OSes you'll not see much benefit
above 256MB. Also see if you can lay your hands on a second user Matrox
Millenium G200/400 graphics card asthey have very good 2D performance.
--
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.