Presario 2266 Motherboard Jumpers to upgrade CPU

Old May 6th 07, 10:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default Presario 2266 Motherboard Jumpers to upgrade CPU

Can anyone supply me with the jumpers to upgrade the CPU on an old
Compaq Presario 2266?

I cannot find what jumpers to use to upgrade FSB and Voltage.

Anyone know max cpu this presario can take?

I would like to add an AMD K6-2 if possible.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
Old May 10th 07, 05:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

On May 6, 2:17 am, Was Immer ) wrote:
Can anyone supply me with the jumpers to upgrade the CPU on an old
Compaq Presario 2266?

Compaqs are pretty spare on jumpers. Everything auto.

I cannot find what jumpers to use to upgrade FSB and Voltage.

Anyone know max cpu this presario can take?

I would like to add an AMD K6-2 if possible.

I take it you have a pentium 1, then. Anything in the pentuim 1 class
should be OK. Putting a k6-2 where a p1 once lived is not likely to
work. On the other hand, secondhand k6-2s are cheap, and you're not
likely to do any permanent damage. Let us know whether or not it
works.

Old May 11th 07, 01:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
HH

The Max processor the 2266 can take is a K6/2 333MHz. It comes with a Cyrix
MII 300 processor. I would not bother. Not worth the effort. J29 (8-pin) and
J30 (3-pin) are the two primary processor control jumpers

HH

ups.com...