Filler pieces

Old January 22nd 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jon

Default Filler pieces

I need a filler that goes on the face of the computer case like when you
would install a CDrom you would take the filler piece off to expose the
hole for it to go in. Also need one to go in front of the floppy drive.
What is the technical term for these? I've been trying to find them
online but they don't come up in search for "computer case fillers" or
anything like that.
Old January 22nd 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Ghostrider

Jon wrote:

I need a filler that goes on the face of the computer case like when you
would install a CDrom you would take the filler piece off to expose the
hole for it to go in. Also need one to go in front of the floppy drive.
What is the technical term for these? I've been trying to find them
online but they don't come up in search for "computer case fillers" or
anything like that.

You mean one of these? See below

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=30029

You can find them in any comptuer superstore.
Old January 22nd 07, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jon

Ghostrider wrote:

You mean one of these? See below

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=30029

You can find them in any comptuer superstore.

Yes- "blank drive bay covers"
Thank you.

Old January 22nd 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DaveW

You would need to contact the manufacturer of your particular computer case,
if you want it to fit properly.

--
DaveW

----------------

Old January 23rd 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jon

DaveW wrote:

You would need to contact the manufacturer of your particular computer case,
if you want it to fit properly.

The case is Dell.

--
Where are we going?
Why am I in this handbasket?
Old January 23rd 07, 03:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Rod Speed

JAD wrote

drive bay escutcheon

They dont get called that much.

In fact "drive bay escutcheon" with the quote turns up absolutely
nothing with both google and groups.google except your post.

In fact its arguable if those are an escutcheon.

Jon wrote

Old January 23rd 07, 01:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jon

Rod Speed wrote:

They dont get called that much.

In fact "drive bay escutcheon" with the quote turns up absolutely
nothing with both google and groups.google except your post.

In fact its arguable if those are an escutcheon.

I thought that was pretty far-fetched myself. I had never heard of
the word so I checked it out in a dictionary and that would indeed be an
accurate description but it's doubtful that someone in a computer store
would have any idea what you were talking about if you asked for one.
It would be a good stumper if you were a crossword puzzle writer!
Old January 23rd 07, 05:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"Jon" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

They dont get called that much.

In fact "drive bay escutcheon" with the quote turns up absolutely
nothing with both google and groups.google except your post.

In fact its arguable if those are an escutcheon.

I thought that was pretty far-fetched myself. I had never heard of the
word so I checked it out in a dictionary and that would indeed be an
accurate description but it's doubtful that someone in a computer store
would have any idea what you were talking about if you asked for one.
It would be a good stumper if you were a crossword puzzle writer!

Its from my 15 years of brainwashing while working GM parts. Anything that
covers an access hole or a bolt/screw cover...is called an escutcheon.