Socket A Motherboard with firewire

Old July 19th 05, 09:57 PM
Macca

Default Socket A Motherboard with firewire

Hi,

I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have. I
also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

I dont want to spend a fortune and would appreciate any suggesstions,

Thanks In Advance
Macca

Old July 19th 05, 10:19 PM
Kill Bill

"Macca" wrote in message
Hi,

I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have.
also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

I dont want to spend a fortune and would appreciate any suggesstions,

Thanks In Advance
Macca

I don't know about mobos since there's probably hundreds but an alternative
would be an original soundblaster Audigy card which you might want anyway.
It'll have a firewire port. Bids starting at $1 on ebay...

Old July 19th 05, 10:59 PM
Judder

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...35&GroupID=530

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Product...63&GroupID=529

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?ASU-A7N8XE

--
Judder

Old July 20th 05, 10:29 AM
larry moe 'n curly

Macca wrote:
Hi,

I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have. I
also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

Biostar M7VIZ ver. 1.3 (not ver. 8.0). Uses VT8237 south bridge and
also has SATA sockets.

AMD Socket 939 Motherboard RAM Nicole Homebuilt PC's 3 July 13th 05 06:34 PM
SLI motherboard for Socket 754 Tony Hill General 1 July 1st 05 11:22 AM
Advice please Builder? Homebuilt PC's 16 September 27th 04 07:44 AM
Best Socket A mATX motherboard for overclocking ? Undecided Overclocking AMD Processors 1 February 11th 04 01:47 PM
socket A motherboard George Homebuilt PC's 7 January 5th 04 11:43 PM