where is the right audio driver fr my compaq v2000?

Old May 21st 07, 01:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
giddy

Default where is the right audio driver fr my compaq v2000?

HI ,

I have a compaq v2000 and i've been scouring the internet for audio
drivers.

I got he
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...0 508&lang=en

Got both the audio drivers , they dont work. I still cant hear
anything , if i try to play something windows media player says
either i dont have a sound card or it is not responding. I checked the
device manager , it shows all audio devices installed!!

Could someone please help me!

Gideon

Old May 21st 07, 04:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Dan Sgambelluri

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=us
Old May 21st 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
giddy

?lol
I already said i've been there and those drivers dont work!

Gideon

Old May 22nd 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Dan Sgambelluri

Dan Sgambelluri wrote:
giddy wrote:
HI ,

I have a compaq v2000 and i've been scouring the internet for audio
drivers.

I got he
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...0 508&lang=en

Got both the audio drivers , they dont work. I still cant hear
anything , if i try to play something windows media player says
either i dont have a sound card or it is not responding. I checked the
device manager , it shows all audio devices installed!!

Could someone please help me!

Gideon

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=us

Sorry, I misread what you said.

My only suggestion is uninstall the audio device from the device manager
and reboot and see if Windows detects it.

Other than that, I don't know. I have felt that Compaq has always had
bad drivers. I tried to install video drivers and it would cause the PC
to crash. The same went with the video card maker (ATI) drivers as
well. I was able to get a new video card from NVidia and had no problems.

Old May 24th 07, 10:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
giddy

HI ,
NP. I've got all my drivers working! =P

I finally got my laptop to share internet with my desktop.Windows
searched and installed *most of my drivers , i still dont have some
mass storage controller driver and something else.But im happy i got
my sound =P

Thanks
Gideon

Old May 24th 07, 02:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

As a latecomer to this thread, I have to ask if you have ever installed the
motherboard chipset drivers? The 100% successful rule of thumb is to install
them absolutely first after completing a Windows install. Then and only then
should drivers be installed for audio, video, network.

HPaq seems to have made many models in the V2000 series. Some use AMD CPUs and
others Intel CPUs, according to the not-well-organized HP web site. If the CPU
in your system is an Intel Pentium 4, you can always download and install the
865 chipset and (maybe) video drivers found on the Intel web site. Intel
Pentium 3 notebooks need the 830 chipset drivers. I do not know as much about
chipsets supporting AMD CPUs, except that they are not Intel's. The most
likely ones are the VIA chipsets.

Knowing the EXACT model of V2000 would help... Ben Myers