A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Cdr
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Can't copy Microsoft CDs but I've done it before with Plex and ECDC?Using Liteon and Nero

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th 03, 09:06 PM
smh
external usenet poster

Default Can't copy Microsoft CDs but I've done it before with Plex and ECDC?Using Liteon and Nero

.. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
(Mike Richter, any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

"Digital copy permitted/allowed" flag:
(Just ignore the copyrighted message.)

http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq02.html#S2-11
http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq02.html#S2-25

Don't know why you have troubles making a copy as I have no trouble with
all settings set at the defaults. You may try making an .iso by
[Recorder, Save Track] and have IsoBuster look at it. (Upgrade to
5.5.10.54.)

The red ISO in IsoBuster means ISO file system. There should also be a
sideways chevron symbol () for Joliet file system. (These are
explained in the Help.)

How to do a CD copy
http://nero.com/us/ns4_631939438959507.html

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

I'm trying to copy old Microsoft MSDN Library 6.0 discs with a Liteon burner. I did it
before with a Plextor 12/10/32A and bundled ECDC 4 with no problem. I don't think there is
any copy protection since I made copies before without using any special software for copy
protected CDs. The source disc is okay because I just used it to install the MSDN library.
The discs are the original MS discs.

Now I'm using a Liteon 52x24x52 and bundled Nero 5.5.10.9. Nero shows a message saying
they are copyrighted. The discs seem to copy. Nero says the burns completed successfully
but when I look at the discs with Windows Explorer or in DOS they have no files on them.

I tried using the Liteon as the source drive and also an NEC CD reader as the source with
the same results. I had nero "save the data first to the hard drive". I also tried copying
an old copy of the original disc with the same results.

ISO Buster sees Session 1 600.96 MB, Track 1 and the label name but no files. The label
name has ISO next to it in red letters. I don't know what that means.

What am I doing wrong and how can I copy these discs? Maybe I don't know how to use Disc
Copy in Nero properly? Nero's help isn't much help. There's no detail at all.

The CDRs I'm using now are Hewlitt Packard Taiyo Yudens and Kodak Silver plus Gold. I'm
not having any other problems with these discs so I know it's not the CDRs causing the
problem.

I need these copies because when I use the MSDN library, the discs have to be in the
CD-ROM drive (I don't want to use the originals). This is because I'm not doing a full
installation to save hard disk space so data has to be read from discs. My old CDRs were
Sonys and they look like they are going bad. The edges of the discs are discolored.

Thanks.