What is the box thing near the fan aperture?

Old April 12th 04, 03:46 AM
Hank

Default What is the box thing near the fan aperture?

When your mind goes blank, remember to turn down the sound
"Stacey" wrote in message
Patrick wrote:

Dickens wrote:
I am not reall dumb. Honest. Or so my mum tells me.

Nope, you are not dumb. But, you do tend to **** folks off when you
cross post to all those newsgroups!!!

You can't remember not to reread their post in other groups? I think I can
remeber the title of their post and no click on it again. And yes he IS
supposed to crosspost rather that repost it individually to different
groups, that does waste bandwidth and server space. There is nothing wrong
with crossposting if it's on topic for all the groups, which this was.

What is he supposed to do, post to one group and hope the person who has

the
answer reads that group, if not repost to another?

AND, because I am not certain that you even read one specific newsgroup,
I MUST POST to replies to them ALL!!!!!

Why bother to reply at all if you're not going to even answer their
question?!

Again there is nothing wrong with crossposting if the question is on

topic
for the groups it's crossposted to, that's what crossposting was made for.

Stacey

I'll second that! Cross posting? Big F___ing deal. There's plenty of other
**** going on in the world worth worrying about, expend your energy on one
of them rather than give some poor ******* **** for such a petty thing as
cross posting. Or maybe take up a new hobby or something to help occupy your
time?

Hank

Old April 12th 04, 05:46 AM
ric

Stacey wrote:

Again there is nothing wrong with crossposting if the question is on topic
for the groups it's crossposted to, that's what crossposting was made for.

The OP crossposted without including a "REPLY-TO" in his header. That is
what made his crosspost so bad.
Old April 12th 04, 05:57 AM
Hank

The OP crossposted without including a "REPLY-TO" in his header. That is
what made his crosspost so bad.

BFD!

Old April 12th 04, 07:09 AM
Last Boy Scout

Why ask such an obvious question.

It is exactly what it looks like.

I am not reall dumb. Honest. Or so my mum tells me.

BUT .. what is the plastic box thing I have seen inside a few PC
cases It is like a four inch cube which is mounted against the
front aperture where a case fan might have gone.

The boxe has some slot type things on the back as if they were to
be used for mounting something or another.

Surely such a thing makes a din if a fan was installed
actually inside them? Or have I completely got the wrong end of
the stick about this box thing/

Old April 12th 04, 09:36 AM
CBFalconer

ric wrote:
Stacey wrote:

Again there is nothing wrong with crossposting if the question
is on topic for the groups it's crossposted to, that's what
crossposting was made for.

The OP crossposted without including a "REPLY-TO" in his header.
That is what made his crosspost so bad.

You are confusing "REPLY-TO:" with "FOLLOW-UP:"

--
Chuck F ) )
http://cbfalconer.home.att.net USE worldnet address!

Old April 12th 04, 02:13 PM
CBFalconer

Dickens wrote:
Stacey wrote:

Your reader, which appears to be Mozilla/Netscape, should
mark all the entries in other groups as read and not annoy
you with them again.

Especially if you have "view threads with new articles". If he
didn't crosspost it, you -would- see it a dozen times no
matter what settings you used.

As the "crossposter" I was wondering at the vehemence of the
outburst and began to think Mozilla could not mark crossposts in
other newsgroups as read after one of messages had been read.

I can see no cross-posting in this thread. Possibly you
multi-posted, which is a differently colored cat.

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old April 12th 04, 09:04 PM
ric

CBFalconer wrote:

The OP crossposted without including a "REPLY-TO" in his header.
That is what made his crosspost so bad.

You are confusing "REPLY-TO:" with "FOLLOW-UP:"

You are, of course, correct. [It was a long day.]
Old April 12th 04, 09:15 PM
ric

CBFalconer wrote:

As the "crossposter" I was wondering at the vehemence of the
outburst and began to think Mozilla could not mark crossposts in
other newsgroups as read after one of messages had been read.

I can see no cross-posting in this thread. Possibly you
multi-posted, which is a differently colored cat.

You did not go back far enough in the thread.

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

On this we agree.

Crossposting. Was: "What is the box thing near the fan aperture?" Dino General 1 April 12th 04 05:02 PM
Such a thing as 2nd generation PC133 SDRAM Memory? Oscar G. Carranza General 5 December 4th 03 05:01 PM
Interesting thing At CD Freaks - Register article 12x and 16x DVD writers near future and double sized DVD writables - two layers Alceryes General 1 November 4th 03 02:08 PM
Agp aperture size Christian General 2 October 28th 03 12:43 AM
Power problems on Dell thing Zilog Jones General 8 July 23rd 03 06:16 PM