Storing computer paper [off-topic]

Old December 17th 06, 05:15 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Zak

Default Storing computer paper [off-topic]

I am in the UK.

Sounds silly but I am looking for a good way to store my A4 computer
paper.

I have got several reams of different types of paper. However at any
one time I might need only a few sheets of one type such as high quality
letter paper.

(a) I could store the still-wrapped reams ontop of one another but then
I end up crumpling the sheets when I try and slide them out.

(b) I could put the wrapped reams into stacking letter trays like this
http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/pictu...T1BE_sk_lg.jpg
However, after a week or two the paper gets dusty and needs dusting
down. Ugghhh.

(c) I have seen offices use similar trays to (b) but this time they putt
about 50 sheets of paper in each tray. (EG, they would have letterhead
paper, follow-on sheets, plain sheets, etc).
http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/pictu...0-be_sk_lg.jpg
However, I am not using all me paper quite so fast so 50 sheets of a
special type might sit there for ages.

It sounds silly, but what is a good way to store paper?
Old December 17th 06, 05:27 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Curious

"Zak" wrote:
It sounds silly, but what is a good way to store paper?

Flat, on a shelf, in a dry cupboard.

Old December 17th 06, 05:27 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Lez Pawl

"Zak" wrote in message
[...]

why not get a box file and put say 15 to 20 sheets of each type in it and
keep it to hand near your comp. This will keep the paper dust and damp free.
Put the remaining resealed reams somewhere warm and out of the way.

Old December 17th 06, 05:28 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
ajsmith

i used to have that problem, in the end i just used a normal letter
tray type thingy and put a very thin towel over the top.

i suppose you could use anything similar, if it has a piccy of your
favourite team/person animal on it as well you might not feel it looks
so cheap :-)

Old December 17th 06, 05:51 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
NoNeedToKnow

On 17 Dec 2006, Zak wrote:

I have got several reams of different types of paper.

Not sure what made you select the newsgroups, but it looks like the second
in a "how many posts can be made" challenge, from some bunch of kids.

--
www.netdimes.org - mapping the internet.
Join team UK-24x7 (position 248) Let's beat Australia :-
Old December 17th 06, 06:11 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
OG

"Zak" wrote in message
I am in the UK.

Sounds silly but I am looking for a good way to store my A4 computer
paper.

I have got several reams of different types of paper. However at any
one time I might need only a few sheets of one type such as high quality
letter paper.

You can get drawer sets similar to these -
http://www.manufactum.com/group/1892...ls.2866.0.html

quite easily - we've bought from WHSmith (cardboard) and Ikea (wooden) in
the past.

each drawer will take a ream of paper.

Old December 17th 06, 06:30 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Tx2

In article , lid
says...

Still has a problem of easily getting sheets out from the lower reams.

So get a box per ream, as I have.
Old December 17th 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
john

"Zak" wrote in message
[...]

OMFG, when did they let you out! Store paper in a warm room where it isn't
damp. Put them any way you like and only open one packet at a time. Was it
a trick question or are you trying to advertise a product?