Need high quality 2d video card XFX 6600 does not work in my motherboard

Old May 26th 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.elsa,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Need high quality 2d video card XFX 6600 does not work in my motherboard

Hi all

Here is my dilemma I purchased 2 Samsung 214t LCD panels and I am
trying to run a dual setup with and xfx 6600 256 meg nvidia based
card. which replaced a 128 meg ti 4400 based card which ran fine. I
have an asus a7m266d with 2 amd processors win xp pro sp2. I am having
a problem with the video going blank for a few seconds at a time
running multiple app's, randomly and strangely when this happens it
total distorts my mp3 playback and requires a reboot to correct it. I
found other posts on the web with people having the blanking problem
but not the distorted play back. When I max and min windows you can
here sounds. Its really weird. I think some thing is happening to the
buss timing. This happens with one or 2 monitors.

Here is what I have tried to fix it different drivers for the card
updates new power supply antec 550 pci latency utility different sound
cards moved cards stripped machine video settings bios settings
software settings. 3 days worth of trying bla bla bla nothing worked
and at this point I don't think anything will. I have searched the web
and found a bunch of things to try. Nothing worked.

so what I want to do is change to a good quality 2d or any card. I
don't do any gaming. my requirements are agp 4x only as I think the 8x
cards and my motherboard don't mix (unless some one can confirm a
particular model will work with this mo board) dual DVI, 256 meg as I
run 1600 X 1200 on both (32 bit and 16 bit color). I would like to
spend no more than 200 if that possible but I will take any
recommendations I don't care if the card is a 3 years old design as
long as it works

I have searched the web and I am having no luck finding anything that
I think will work so I am cross posting as I don't know where the best
place to ask this is.

Thanks
Bill T

Old May 26th 06, 02:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.elsa,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Fri, 26 May 2006 01:25:55 GMT, wrote:

[...]

I've you try the matrox g550 card i think it's a better choice as it
is known to best perform with 2d app. Plus this card can fit according
to the web page with agp 1 to 8x slot. And cost around 260$ canadian
dollard and it is listed at 125$ us.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/pid/p...eries/g550.cfm

DDC
Old May 26th 06, 09:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.elsa,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , DDC says...

I've you try the matrox g550 card i think it's a better choice as it
is known to best perform with 2d app. Plus this card can fit according
to the web page with agp 1 to 8x slot. And cost around 260$ canadian
dollard and it is listed at 125$ us.

Seconded. As well as that, look at the Matrox Parhelia which can
support 3 monitors.

--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.
Old May 26th 06, 10:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.elsa,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Conor wrote:
In article , DDC says...

I've you try the matrox g550 card i think it's a better choice as it
is known to best perform with 2d app. Plus this card can fit
according to the web page with agp 1 to 8x slot. And cost around
260$ canadian dollard and it is listed at 125$ us.

Seconded. As well as that, look at the Matrox Parhelia which can
support 3 monitors.

But might have a problem on his board...

--
Thomas