Matrox Driver Installation Instructions don't seem to work! Am I missing something?

Old January 18th 06, 06:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

Default Matrox Driver Installation Instructions don't seem to work! Am I missing something?

James C. Allison:
I have the following system:

IW-Q500N-ATX FullTower
Tyan Trinity i845-S2090 ATX Mainboard w/Intel i845 Chipset
Single Pentium IV 1.8GHz Processor
1.5 Gb SDRAM (3 512 Mb DIMMs)
Matrox G450 Millennium Dual-Head Graphics Card
Matrox RT2500 Video Capture Card
Creative Technoloby Ltd., Audigy MP3+ Sound Card
M-Audio Delta 1010LT Sound Card
18 Gb Seagate Cheetah SCSI 10K RPM Hard Drive (System Drive)
36 Gb Seagate Cheetah SCSI 10K RPM Hard Drive (A/V Editing)
120 Gb Western Digital IDE 7.2K RPM Hard Drive (Capture Storage)
120 Gb Western Digital IDE 7.2K RPM Hard Drive (Master Edit Storage)
Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Dual Adaptec 2940 SCSI Cards
Two 19" IDP Monitors
Sony DVD-CD Burner
1.44 Mb Diskette Drive
Digital KB 5923REV-B01 106-key KeyBoard
Genius EasyMouse+ PS2
Supra Express 56K External Modem
Panasonic AG-DVC10P Proline 3 CCD CamCorder w/IEEE1394
JVC HR-DVS2U Mini-DV/S-VHS VCR
JVC DR-MH30S/ DVD & HDD Video Recorder (160 GB HDD)
PK Electronics 500VA Blackout Buster UPS
Windows 2000 Professional w/ Service Pack 2
Adobe Premiere 6.0
Realtime Effects
Matrox Video for Windows AVI Files
Matrox Media Tools
Inscriber Title Express
Sonic Foundry ACID Music Professional 5.0
Sonic Solutions DVDit! LE
All attendant cables, wires, boxes, and remotes.
=========

And here is a problem that I am having. I can "capture" from a MiniDV
CassetteDeck using Adobe Premiere 6.0, and have access to all the AP6.0
stuff.

BUT I also have the Matrox Video Tools software, which came bundled with the
Matrox RT2500, and it has a LOT more stuff available.

BUT the Matrox stuff won't work because: Win2K keeps classifying my MiniDV
Cassette Deck as an "Imaging Device" in the "Device Manager", and Matrox
requires that the MiniDV Cassette Deck be classified as "Sound, video and
game controllers".

And so solve this problem, the Matrox RT2500 User's Guide says to do the
following:

=======
Problem: DV Device shows up as "Imaging device". Windows "Device Manager"
may recognize your DV device as an "Imaging device".

Solution: You'll have to remove your DV device as an "Imaging device" and
re-install the drivers.

To re-install the device driver in Windows 2000:
1. Turn on your DV-1394 device.
2. Right-click on "My Computer".
3. Select "Manage".
4. Select "Device Manager".
5. Click the plus sign beside "Imaging devices".
6. Right-click "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR".
7. A message will appear about uninstalling the device, click "OK".
8. Choose "Action" "Scan for hardware changes".
9. The "Found New Hardware Wizard" starts. Click "Next".
10. Select "Search for a suitable driver for my device (recommended)", click
"Next".
11. Under "Optional search locations" make sure nothing is selected and
click "Next".
12. Windows will automatically find the "c:winnt\inf\dvcam.inf" driver file.
Click "Next".
13. Click "Yes" to continue.
14. The "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog box will appear. You how have the
proper driver installed. Click "Finish" to exit.
15. Your DV device should now be listed under "Sound, video and game
controllers" in your "Device manager".

Seems simple enough, right? Wrong... Everything up to Number 8 works as
shown. From Number 9 on there is not any of the choices shown. The Wizard
goes ahead and installs the MiniDV Cassette Deck back into "Imaging devices"
in "Device Manager" just like it was before!

Am I missing something?

Any ideas? Any input would be genuinely appreciated.

Hope that this finds you all doing well.

Allison

--
AllisonWonderland Concert Lightshow/Creative Focus Graphics Design
http://www.livingston.net/allison1/index.htm

Old January 29th 06, 11:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

Hello,
the problem is discussed in the Matrox RT2500 forum (look there for it).
Basically, you have to delete the occurrences of Microsoft DV driver
(something like MSdv.inf and MSdv.sys) from system32 filder and Inf folder.
After that, just run the steps from 1 to 15 again. Fact is that RT2500
works only with Texas DV driver (obosolete), not with Microsoft drivers.

Good Luck
Mario

"~~~AllisonWonderland~~~" ha scritto nel messaggio
James C. Allison:
I have the following system: