is "CHILLcam" an active company?

Old October 25th 04, 05:01 PM
Thom

WCH wrote:

Well, if some of you are users of CHILLcam software, let me ask you
two of the questions I asked them.

Let me ask *you* a few, first. :-)

Did you *EVER* get a reply from them?

If not? Like I said in a previous post. I'd be very wary of sending them
any money. I mean, if they haven't responded to your questions, what makes
you think they'd respond to your payment with an activation code (or
whatever you might need) to rid you of the "trial version"?

The website's a broken-link, broken image, mess. The webmaster's cam is
never on. His cam page tells you to use the "conference mode" when there's
no "conference mode" to click on...... etc., etc.

Caveat Emptor. :-)

Regards,
Thom

#1 -- Is the downloadable version a "single cam" or "multi cam"
version? They offer both for sale ($25 vs. $50), they never list
which versions have what features, and they don't say which the
downloadable version is. I only have one webcam but I worry that, if
I purchase the single cam license and I'm using the multi cam version
as a download, I'll lose features I'm using. And yeah, the $25 means
something to me.

#2 -- Some of the webcam software packages that will archive still
photos to a web site will rename the photos in sequence on the fly.
That way it's easy to maintain a stack of photos displayed on a site
with the most recent first, next most recent next, and so on. Can
CHILLcam do that?

"ThE SlAyEr" wrote in message
hey thom....

i would just purchase the software and find out....

but there are many other apps he could try...

from what i can tell the chillcam is still running ...

i purchased it a few months ago and it works well

regards slayer

"Thom" wrote in message
ThE SlAyEr wrote:

from what i see and know chillcam is an up and running
company....

Perhaps if you could enlighten "WCH" as to what it is you claim to
*know* about Chillcam, he would feel better about his impending
purchase?

if you want to use their software try paying them......maybe it
will work...

He said he's on a 150 hour "free trial", which is about to expire.

if not then soak up the loss..

So far, he hasn't "lost" anything. I believe that's what he's
trying to avoid.

snip

Regards,
Thom

Old October 25th 04, 07:41 PM
WCH

Well, I went ahead and bought a single cam license for CHILLcam, since I
like the software (all the questions/problems with the web site and company
notwithstanding). I immediately received an activation code, which worked
fine, so I'm registered and able to use the software, anyway. As for a
response to my emails, nothing. And the site is a mess. So I can't
recommend the company, but the product is amazingly flexible and, for my
purposes, the best I've found. I guess there's no perfect software
experience.
WC

Old October 26th 04, 12:34 PM
Thom

WCH wrote:

Well, I went ahead and bought a single cam license for CHILLcam,
since I like the software (all the questions/problems with the web
site and company notwithstanding). I immediately received an
activation code, which worked fine, so I'm registered and able to use
the software, anyway. As for a response to my emails, nothing. And
the site is a mess. So I can't recommend the company, but the
product is amazingly flexible and, for my purposes, the best I've
found. I guess there's no perfect software experience.
WC

All's well that ends well. :-)

Glad it worked out for you.

Regards,