Wireless card that support WPA & Win 98?

Old May 29th 05, 12:37 PM
S.Boardman

Default Wireless card that support WPA & Win 98?

Hello I have a Belkin modem/router and wireless network card, and I want to
upgrade from 128bit WEP to WPA-PSK. I set up the router OK. The network card
doesn't see the network. It says on the box that the card supports both
Win98 and WPA. I contacted Belkin who say WPA only works with Win XP SP2.

I've spent all morning on the web. It seems that WinXP SP2 is the only
version that natively supports WPA. *However* card manufacturers can patch
their products so they work with Win98.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless card that supports
WPA-PSK in Windows 98?
--
Susan

Old May 30th 05, 11:19 AM
S.Boardman

Bennett Price" wrote in message
S.Boardman wrote:
Hello I have a Belkin modem/router and wireless network card, and I want

upgrade from 128bit WEP to WPA-PSK. I set up the router OK. The network

card
doesn't see the network. It says on the box that the card supports both
Win98 and WPA. I contacted Belkin who say WPA only works with Win XP

SP2.

I've spent all morning on the web. It seems that WinXP SP2 is the only
version that natively supports WPA. *However* card manufacturers can

patch
their products so they work with Win98.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a wireless card that supports
WPA-PSK in Windows 98?
--
Susan

I'm using a Hawking HWP54G PCI card with Win98SE w. WPA-PSK security.

Not heard of Hawking before. Thatnks, I'll look into it.
--
Susan

Old May 30th 05, 09:23 PM

So far as I am aware no manufacturer produces a card that supports WPA with
any OS other than Windows XP. I haven't tried this but WSC Guard from
http://www.wirelesssecuritycorp.com/...PAAssistant.do should allow
Windows 98 to work with any wireless card that is compatible with Windows
98.