SB Live and Win98 SE??

Old September 27th 03, 10:55 PM
am

Default SB Live and Win98 SE??

For some reason the drivers with the OEM card do not work properly
under WIN98SE has anyone found a fix for this? I can load everything
except Audio HQ.
TIA
Old September 28th 03, 11:18 AM
Shepİ

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:55:11 -0400, In this world we created am
wrote :

For some reason the drivers with the OEM card do not work properly
under WIN98SE has anyone found a fix for this? I can load everything
except Audio HQ.
TIA

Try these drivers,
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/intro.php

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in jmx to reply

Old September 28th 03, 04:29 PM
Alan Fisher

wrote :

For some reason the drivers with the OEM card do not work properly
under WIN98SE has anyone found a fix for this? I can load everything
except Audio HQ.
TIA

Try these drivers,
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/intro.php

Word of warning about the kx project : 'Uninstall kx Project' actually means
'spend a few hours deleting it from all corners of your registry, remove and
reinstall your soundcard'

Don't try this unless you are very sure about what you're doing. I'm not, I
did, I wish I hadn't.

Old September 28th 03, 05:06 PM
Shepİ

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:29:41 +0100, In this world we created "Alan
Fisher" wrote :

.. .
wrote :

For some reason the drivers with the OEM card do not work properly
under WIN98SE has anyone found a fix for this? I can load everything
except Audio HQ.
TIA

Try these drivers,
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/intro.php

Word of warning about the kx project : 'Uninstall kx Project' actually means
'spend a few hours deleting it from all corners of your registry, remove and
reinstall your soundcard'

Don't try this unless you are very sure about what you're doing. I'm not, I
did, I wish I hadn't.

For XP"Regscrub" does a good job and for win9XME,Easy cleaner is not
bad,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html

--
Free Windows/PC help,
It's a G not a J in jmx to reply
Old September 28th 03, 05:07 PM
Shepİ

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:05:39 -0400, In this world we created am
wrote :

Tried them and no luck...had to re-install old drivers etc. Thanks
for you help.

What do you get with the old drivers using Dxdiag?
Start/run and type dxdiag/OK and the use it's troubleshooter.

Old October 8th 03, 04:27 PM
am

I have been told that since dell bought the rights to the OEM version
I have to wait until they come out with a fix or upgrade to XP.

None the less here are my results:
------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: The file nvdisp.drv is not digitally signed,
which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows
Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). Current drivers tested for a WHQL logo
are only available on Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. New
Windows 98 drivers are no longer tested for WHQL logos.
Sound Tab 1: The file EMU10KX.VXD is not digitally signed,
which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows
Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd
driver from the hardware manufacturer. DirectSound test results: All
tests were successful.
Sound Tab 2: DirectSound test results: All tests were
successful.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Music Tab: DirectMusic test results: All tests were
successful.

Old October 8th 03, 08:00 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:27:01 -0400, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs am wrote
:

I have been told that since dell bought the rights to the OEM version
I have to wait until they come out with a fix or upgrade to XP.

None the less here are my results:

Have you tried updating your DirectX?
And did I send you a link for my OEM drivers?

DxDiag Notes