MSI 6802 Cardbus wireless card not working on CPiA400XT

Old January 17th 04, 09:45 PM
mike

Default MSI 6802 Cardbus wireless card not working on CPiA400XT

I have a dell CPiA400XT. It's working fine with a Gigafast
Cardbus Wireless 802.11b.

I bought one of the "free after rebate" MSI CB11B aka 6802 cards.
Swapped out the Gigafast card and loaded the MSI drivers.
The MSI card is aware of the networks available, their channel
and encryption settings, but will not connect. The site monitoring
page shows signal amplitudes that change as I move the antennas
closer together, but the status page for the connect shows "no signal"
Yes, I've disabled all the firewalls, MAC address filtering,
encryption. Still no luck. Returned the MSI card and got another
one, same problem. New drivers from MSI didn't help. Uninstalled the
Gigafast card, no help. The wireless router is a Netgear MR814v2

One thing that concerns me is that the MSI card, the video display,
Cardbus controller and USB controller all share the same interrupt.
And none will let me change the setting. I can reserve that interrupt,
but then everything justs shifts to another single interrupt. Turning
off USB didn't help. Trying peer to peer with an Avaya (orinoco silver)
card in another laptop didn't work either The icon in the system tray
changed from red to green, but still no connection. I don't have another
CARDBUS compatible laptop.
Ideas to get this working?
Thanks, mike

--
Return address is VALID.
Toshiba & Compaq LiIon Batteries, Test Equipment