Compaq Part Numbers

Old February 3rd 06, 10:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Compaq Part Numbers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here is a follow-up on the original topic of this post. As I said, I
did get a full refund...and the guy actually gave me an additional
$4.05 to ship the two 64M sticks back to him. I believe he was simply
mistaken and had no intent to defraud. He actually handled it very
admirably.

Since then I have hit (what I consider) an ebay jackpot by winning
this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The sticks came today and all ten work perfectly. The 1600's are now at
their max (1G) and there are 5 sticks left over to put into the 3000's.

Alls well that ends well.

Jeffrey Alsip

Oh man .... i cant stand those guys. they cyber chick reading has to go ....

Old February 3rd 06, 11:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

I couldn't agree more. I told them so in my last email.

You may be comforted to learn that they actually made some serious
mistakes in their postings. They had several auctions for multiple
chips...I was also bidding on one for another 13 of these sticks and a
third for 40 128M sticks. They cancelled them suddenly because they
realized their error. They intended to make them "dutch auctions"
meaning that you were bidding on only ONE stick out of the lot.
Unfortunately (for them) the auction that I won ended before they
discovered their error. That is why I call this win a "jackpot".

If you check ebay you will find that 256M PC100 ECC's are going for
$10-20 per stick...and I got ten of them for $7.50!! I think the
cartoon chick may not get paid this week.

Old February 3rd 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...
I couldn't agree more. I told them so in my last email.

You may be comforted to learn that they actually made some serious
mistakes in their postings. They had several auctions for multiple
chips...I was also bidding on one for another 13 of these sticks and a
third for 40 128M sticks. They cancelled them suddenly because they
realized their error. They intended to make them "dutch auctions"
meaning that you were bidding on only ONE stick out of the lot.
Unfortunately (for them) the auction that I won ended before they
discovered their error. That is why I call this win a "jackpot".

If you check ebay you will find that 256M PC100 ECC's are going for
$10-20 per stick...and I got ten of them for $7.50!! I think the
cartoon chick may not get paid this week.

Nice work on getting the lot for $7.50. That's quite a coup!

I ran into a couple great deals when I was looking for 256M EDO dimms for my
6400R's. The last gig i bought was for $28 shipped. It was sweet.

What i need now are 1GB PC133 REG ECC SDRAM modules for my DL360 and
DL380's, but I just dropped a grip on 64bit/66Mhz Fibre HBA's .... Daddys
exchange/SQL cluster is just about ready !!! All i need now is a copy of
SecurePath that supports 2003, and a 8 port fibre switch and i will have
reached the promised land.

Do you have a line on that software? I mainly need it for the HBA failover.
I have the software for the redundant RA4000/4100 controllers, that comes
with smartstart / PSP.

- LC

Old February 4th 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Do you have a line on that software?

No, sorry. Let's not forget that, as far as newer tchnology goes, I am
in the backseat and YOU are driving (It's very scary being in the back
of a Hyundai). All of my systems are PIII, and none over dual 600's.

Incidentally, I do have one of the 1600's that is now TOTALLY maxed out
at dual 600's, 1G SDRAM, five 18.2G drives...plus I have been able to
install the LCD display (never was stock on a 1600). I have been
thinking about selling this machine. Should I try chi.forsale in the
hopes of equaling your 1/04 spectacle? You should, by now, know that I
am in it for the "fun".

Jeffrey Alsip

Old February 4th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Man, I just checked on those 1G PC133's...they are going for a minimum
of $70 each. Good luck with that.

Ba advised that I will keep my eyes open. I am picking up another lot
of local corporate IT equipment next week...keep your fingers crossed.

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 1 April 1st 05 04:05 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 February 27th 05 01:56 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 13th 04 03:37 PM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM