Overclocking XP 1700+"B"

Old June 24th 03, 11:31 AM
OZoNE

Default Overclocking XP 1700+"B"

"Mattrix" wrote in message
. com...
Wes Newell wrote:
snip
If you are SURE it's a tbred B core, cut L3-3 and L3-5. This will set the
default multiplier to 13 (IOW, turn the cpu into a 2100+). After that it
should default to 2000MHz (20x100) in that board. See link in sig.

I`m confused (again) How does the "new"default multiplier of 13 somehow:
"should default to 2000MHz (20x100)" ??

This board (Soltek SL-75 KAV) has dip switches to select multiplier, AND
also dip switches to select 100FSB *OR* 133 FSB.
Settings in Bios are selectable in 1MHz increments from the original *set*
dip switch selection.

I understand a "new" multiplier of 13x133 = 1729MHz or XP2100+
I dont understand "should default to 2000MHz (20x100) in that board".

Would you please explain this further? I have read your excellent

sig.links,
most of which are way over this newbies head.

Thanks again Wes, for responding to my original post.

Matt

P.S. Yes I`m sure this AXDA 1700 DUT3C JIUHB 0313 SPMW is indeed a
Tbred B core

what wes is saying ...by cutting the bridges on the cpu to default 13x
multiplier....if i am followint the many threads is this. you turn a 1700+
into a 2100+ by modding the L3-3 and L3-5 bridges.
your cpu will then remap some of the multipliers on your cpu.... which wes
was kind enough to test and post each on on his web site....to diff values.
So on your KT133A board it will be possible to run the cpu at 20x100 for a
total of 2000Mhz cpu speed by way of remapped multipliers. look at Wes's
site again for complete list of what setting equals what remapped value.
Now do you follow what Wes has said????
OZoNE

compaq presario 1700 keypad cell phone repair General 0 January 3rd 05 02:39 AM
p4 1700 byru Overclocking 7 September 2nd 04 09:11 PM
Compaq Armada 1700 & docking station Ron General 0 August 31st 03 03:57 PM