Overclocking XP 1700+ "B"

Old June 24th 03, 04:57 PM
Mattrix

Default Overclocking XP 1700+ "B"

Ozone wrote:

what wes is saying ...by cutting the bridges on the cpu to default 13x
multiplier....if i am followint the many threads is this. you turn a 1700+
into a 2100+ by modding the L3-3 and L3-5 bridges.
your cpu will then remap some of the multipliers on your cpu.... which wes
was kind enough to test and post each on on his web site....to diff

values.
So on your KT133A board it will be possible to run the cpu at 20x100 for a
total of 2000Mhz cpu speed by way of remapped multipliers. look at Wes's
site again for complete list of what setting equals what remapped value.
Now do you follow what Wes has said????
OZoNE

Thanks Ozone and Wes,

I think I get it! By cutting the L3-3 and L3-5 bridges on this unlocked
1700+Tbred "B",
it not only changes the CPU to default 13X but *ALSO* remaps some of the
available
multipliers to this chip.

I guess I was confused by the 100 FSB, which you are saying can be part of
this new availability.
So it`s just a matter of me using the new available multi`s AND jiving that
with 100FSB
which on my board, is a dip switch setting (back from present setting of
133).

Thanks again to both of you for responding to my "confusion".

Matt

Old June 25th 03, 01:51 AM
Wes Newell

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:57:24 +0000, Mattrix wrote:

Ozone wrote:

[...]

Well, it doesn't, but your board will. Your board doesn't know about the
5th (8x) bit, so with it set high on the cpu, everything your board sets
will end up a different multiplier to the cpu. That's the reason for the
cross ref.

I guess I was confused by the 100 FSB, which you are saying can be part of
this new availability.
So it`s just a matter of me using the new available multi`s AND jiving
that with 100FSB
which on my board, is a dip switch setting (back from present setting of
133).

There are ways around that too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.