M2V FSB:DRAM ratio

Old March 19th 08, 10:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
André, PE1PQX[_2_]

Default M2V FSB:DRAM ratio

HI,

I have a question he

I have an ASUS M2V motherboard wich is runing fine.
With programs like CPU-Z and Everest i see the FSBRAM ratio turned to
CPU/7. This causes the DDR ram to 'slow down' to about 371 MHz.
The memory modules i have are capable of running at 400MHz (PC2-6400).

Info on the settings on
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=331691

What can I do to get the memory to run at 400 MHz?? (I.E. can I change
the FSB/DRAM setting somewhere?)

Thank you for any answers.

André

Old March 19th 08, 07:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

André wrote:
HI,

I have a question he

I have an ASUS M2V motherboard wich is runing fine.
With programs like CPU-Z and Everest i see the FSBRAM ratio turned to
CPU/7. This causes the DDR ram to 'slow down' to about 371 MHz.
The memory modules i have are capable of running at 400MHz (PC2-6400).

Info on the settings on http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=331691

What can I do to get the memory to run at 400 MHz?? (I.E. can I change
the FSB/DRAM setting somewhere?)

Thank you for any answers.

André

There is an explanation here. The available memory dividers, are selected
based on not exceeding the DDR2-800 rating of your memory. It is possible
the next divider value, would have pushed the RAM past DDR2-800, which
is why that divider wasn't selected. It works better, on the processors
with an even clock multiplier for the core clock.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...px?i=2762&p=10

Paul
Old March 19th 08, 11:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
André, PE1PQX[_2_]

Paul plaatste dit op zijn scherm :
André wrote:
[...]

Hi Paul,

thanks for the link, I'll read it later.

André

fsb:dram & p5l-mx Trin Asus Motherboards 8 December 14th 07 04:57 AM
Cpu to Dram ratio? confused! P G Overclocking 5 May 21st 07 10:40 PM
ZIP DRAM? Pelysma General 1 June 22nd 05 07:31 AM
P4B FSB:DRAM Ratio - Does the BIOS lie or CPU-Z ? arifi Asus Motherboards 5 January 26th 05 07:50 AM
DRAM Clock Ratio question Forrest Overclocking 1 July 24th 03 10:11 PM