New Years Resolution

Old January 2nd 06, 05:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default New Years Resolution

Desdemona wrote:
Taliesyn wrote in
:

Blair wrote:

I have an Epson Color 880 and have used it daily for the last two
years with no problems. I think most problems are caused by people
using them intermittently
Blair

I have no need to make any New Year's resolutions for my printers as I
have had wonderful success with the inks I've been using and the 4
sets of cartridges I rotate between the 2 (sometimes 3) printers. You
can't argue with success!

How do you store your four refilled sets? Any danger of leaking?

Des

First of all they are properly sealed, meaning the orange cap, or larger
orange cap that comes with some compatibles, is firmly attached with two
rubber bands. Two in case one fails. Then the air vent at the top, where
you tear off the strip, is closed with a piece of clear tape, my tape of
choice for this function. I fold over the ends so that it doesn't stick
to the sides of the cartridge but only the top. It's easier to remove
this way. In each set one cartridge is labeled (set #1 to set #4) and
marked when it was refilled. This way I can keep track of filling and
rotation. Then all four color cartridges are placed in a plastic
sandwich bag (more room if you eat the sandwiches first - kidding!) and
stored in nifty plastic containers. And no, there is absolutely no
danger of leaking when properly sealed. No leaks, no clogs, no fuss, no
muss. Please note you should also seal them in this same manner after
removing them so as not to have residue ink exiting through the air vent
on top. The large black cartridges are stored separately as they have
their own rotation schedule. The color ones are always replaced as a
complete unit of four as soon as one cartridge triggers the low ink
warning. Or I may peak under the hood and change them sooner if I have
nothing to do.

-Taliesyn
Old January 2nd 06, 06:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measekite posted the exciting message news:2
:

Taliesyn wrote:

I've been using refill and bulk inks in my iP5000 for exactly a year

now
and suffer no clogging whatsoever. The only time I hit the clean cycle
is when switching cartridges in order to prime the new ink. But I do
make a point of printing something, anything, at least once a week.

HE FORGOT TO TELL YOU HE REPLACE A CLOGGED PRINTHEAD IN ANOTHER
PRINTER. ONE, TWO OR EVEN TEN PRINTERS IS NOT ENOUGH OF A SAMPLE FOR A
TEST.

Perhaps Measkite's perennial clog in dark spaces has clouded his logic.
He says no-name ink will clog your printer. But he admits you need a lot
of printers and tests, statistics -- to really show whether no-name ink
clogs or not. So tell me, where are Measkite's tests, or links to those
tests, which show this? Obviously from above he feels even ten printers
don't provide a sample. So I'm sure Measkite can cite the factual
evidence that supports his opinion.

The alternative is that the neurons are clogged with something brown in
his brain. That is why he is so anal about ink clogs. Like a constipated
goose, the pressure is just too much for rational thought.
Old January 2nd 06, 10:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

I've been using refill and bulk inks in my iP5000 for exactly a year

now

and suffer no clogging whatsoever. The only time I hit the clean cycle
is when switching cartridges in order to prime the new ink. But I do
make a point of printing something, anything, at least once a week.

HE FORGOT TO TELL YOU HE REPLACE A CLOGGED PRINTHEAD IN ANOTHER
PRINTER. ONE, TWO OR EVEN TEN PRINTERS IS NOT ENOUGH OF A SAMPLE FOR A
TEST.

Perhaps Measkite's perennial clog in dark spaces has clouded his logic.

I GUESS DA BEEFER'S TOUNGE HAS EYES.

He says no-name ink will clog your printer. But he admits you need a lot
of printers and tests, statistics -- to really show whether no-name ink
clogs or not. So tell me, where are Measkite's tests, or links to those
tests, which show this? Obviously from above he feels even ten printers
don't provide a sample. So I'm sure Measkite can cite the factual
evidence that supports his opinion.

FOR OVER THE PAST YEAR THERE HAVE BENN 100'S OF POSTERS WITH PRINTER
PROBLEMS RIGHT HERE.

The alternative is that the neurons are clogged with something brown in
his brain.

NEXT TO YOUR TONGUE

That is why he is so anal about ink clogs. Like a constipated
goose,

THAT IS YOUR NOSE GETTING IN THE WAY

the pressure is just too much for rational thought.

Old January 2nd 06, 10:17 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

Desdemona wrote:

Taliesyn wrote in
:

Blair wrote:

[...]

JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH AND YOU STILL
HAVE A PAIN AND A MESS.
Old January 2nd 06, 03:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

I've been using refill and bulk inks in my iP5000 for exactly a year

now

and suffer no clogging whatsoever. The only time I hit the clean cycle
is when switching cartridges in order to prime the new ink. But I do
make a point of printing something, anything, at least once a week.

HE FORGOT TO TELL YOU HE REPLACE A CLOGGED PRINTHEAD IN ANOTHER
PRINTER. ONE, TWO OR EVEN TEN PRINTERS IS NOT ENOUGH OF A SAMPLE FOR A
TEST.

Perhaps Measkite's perennial clog in dark spaces has clouded his logic.

He suffers from brain clog and is a blatant liar. He stated that I
replaced a printhead due to clogging. Yes, I replaced one. But it was a
bum Canon OEM printhead that failed soon after a month. Even the printer
itself fell off its wheels (paper feed failed) and was replaced. It was
a lemon if I ever saw one. I got replacements and continued using the
SAME ink in the replacement, which is still running perfectly, now a
year later. So you see the troll (who was told this many times) only
remembers what he wants to for his misinformational propaganda. He is a
total liar with zero credibility in this newsgroups - which he uses as a
chat room for entertainment purposes.

He says no-name ink will clog your printer.

His many no-name posts clog this newsgroup. A far greater problem.

-Taliesyn
Old January 2nd 06, 04:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:

I've been using refill and bulk inks in my iP5000 for exactly a year

now

and suffer no clogging whatsoever. The only time I hit the clean cycle
is when switching cartridges in order to prime the new ink. But I do
make a point of printing something, anything, at least once a week.

HE FORGOT TO TELL YOU HE REPLACE A CLOGGED PRINTHEAD IN ANOTHER
PRINTER. ONE, TWO OR EVEN TEN PRINTERS IS NOT ENOUGH OF A SAMPLE
FOR A TEST.

Perhaps Measkite's perennial clog in dark spaces has clouded his logic.

He suffers from brain clog and is a blatant liar. He stated that I
replaced a printhead due to clogging. Yes, I replaced one. But it was
a bum Canon OEM printhead that failed soon after a month.

THAT IS PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE INFERIOR INK.

Old January 2nd 06, 07:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

He suffers from brain clog and is a blatant liar. He stated that I
replaced a printhead due to clogging. Yes, I replaced one. But it was
a bum Canon OEM printhead that failed soon after a month.

THAT IS PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE INFERIOR INK.

THE REPLACEMENT PRINTHEAD WORKS FINE WITH THAT SAME INK A YEAR LATER.
[...]

[Sorry, folks, Measekite's both deaf and blind...)

-Taliesyn
Old January 2nd 06, 09:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Do not believe this. The High School kid just got rattled. Mommy sent
him to his computer room with no dinner.

Sorry folks. DA MEMBER OF DA CLUB
Old January 2nd 06, 10:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:
measekite wrote:

Taliesyn wrote:

[...]

Why bother T. That moron can't read and if he could he couldn't comprehend.
Frank
Old January 3rd 06, 01:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"measekite" wrote in message

~~NoMad~~ wrote:

Never Never buy another ink-jet printer!

NM

Why

From now on I will only support 'dry toner' technologies!

MN