driver for Creative X-Fi won't compile

Old January 10th 15, 07:47 PM posted to comp.hardware
Haines Brown

Default driver for Creative X-Fi won't compile

On a new machine I installed a SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium card. I also
did # modprobe snd-ctxfi, and # lsmod | grep ctxfi shows:

snd_ctxfi 0

using it are sound_pcm, dec_hdmi, sound_page_alloc, snd.

Dmesg has line: "snd_ctxfi ... setting latency timer to 64" But no
reference to the Crative SoundBlaster card. There are a couple lines
with "Input: HDA NVidia".

I run $ alsamixer and it reports that the Card is HDA Intel, the chip is
ID 2807 and says: "This sound device does not have any controls"

I suspect HDA Intel refers to the motherboard sound chip and the card is
simply not seen.

Haines Brown
Old February 8th 15, 10:39 PM posted to comp.hardware
Haines Brown[_2_]

Sorry for the noise. I came to realize that the X-Fi Titanium card is
not supported by Debian. I threw in an old Audigy SE and using that
instead.

Can anyone recommend a simple PCIx1 card that reliably works with Linux?

Haines Brown