Bug setting color settings for games profiles in 66.93 drivers?

Old January 27th 05, 09:21 AM
edde

Default Bug setting color settings for games profiles in 66.93 drivers?

The Overlay/VMR settings work fine for me with the 66.93's and a 6600GT
PCI-E.
They stay where they should, even after a reboot.
I'm using XP Sp2 and Asus A8n-SLI if that helps.

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
Lars-Erik Østerud skrev:

Just found another bug in 66.93, the brightness for "Overlay/VMR"
(like video playback inside Media Player) is not restored at boot
either (it's not restored until you open the control panel and select
the "Color correction" panel). Just like the games profiles :-(

But: The mail (desktop) color settings ARE restored at boot)
(maybe they didn't check if the other settings worked, or :-)

In the 66.93 drivers you can setup the game profiles to connect with a
predefined color profile (in addition to other image/quality settings)

And this works great - UNTIL you reboot the PC :-/

Next time you boot and launch a game all game settings are applied
(like AA, VSYNC etc) BUT the color profile IS NOT applied :-(

If you then go into the profile setup, select the game profile and
just click "Apply", then restart the game, THEN the color profile is
applied as it should (but next time you reboot it's not applied again)

Further on, if you have several games profiles, you need to click
"Apply" on all of them to make them use the color profile :-)

Can someone at Nvidia check this? The possibility to apply color
profiles is new in 66.93, but it's a great feature, so it's sad that
is doesn't work. Or is there a fix (something I can run at boottime to
"load" all the color profile data without having to do it manually)?

PS! Anyone know how to get this feedback to the right Nvidia persons?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

Old January 28th 05, 02:36 AM
edde

I'm not sure. I just set the overlay to what I like (160 brightness, 105
contrast), and it always stays that way, even after a reboot. I have a fresh
install of XP, and the 66.93's are the only driver I've used on this system.
Perhaps you guys have had older drivers and installed over them which may
have caused the problem. I can't say for sure, but just guessing.

edde skrev:

The Overlay/VMR settings work fine for me with the 66.93's and a 6600GT
PCI-E.
They stay where they should, even after a reboot.
I'm using XP Sp2 and Asus A8n-SLI if that helps.

How do you make it persist. Mine is restored as soon as I enter the
Nvidia control panel. Not before. Used to work OK with earlier
drivers. Have you testet the games color profiles?

THis couldn't be tied to the type of card anyway?

Old January 28th 05, 02:38 AM
edde

I should also add, I have the Nvidia Display Driver service disabled. It's
well know that it can cause problems with all sorts of things, and doesnt
really offer any benefit. Have you tried disabling it?
(control paneladmin toolsservices)

Old January 28th 05, 03:08 AM
Dave Zass

I should also add, I have the Nvidia Display Driver service disabled. It's
well know that it can cause problems with all sorts of things, and doesnt
really offer any benefit. Have you tried disabling it?
(control paneladmin toolsservices)

What exactly does it do?

Old January 28th 05, 11:14 PM
edde

How bizarre.
Have you tried any of the newer "beta" drivers?

edde skrev:

I should also add, I have the Nvidia Display Driver service disabled.
It's
well know that it can cause problems with all sorts of things, and doesnt

Tried both on and off. Tried to find if there were any switches to the
autostart programs to load game color settings and overlay settings
too, but this is not documented anywere :-(

Old January 29th 05, 05:33 AM
edde

edde skrev:

How bizarre.
Have you tried any of the newer "beta" drivers?

Nope, see most of them are for Nvidia 6xxx series cards anyway
(I have a 4200 series card). I'm thinking about going back to 45.xx
series drivers. There the overlay brightness was restored, and the
other settings can be set from PowerStrip (both color and AA/VSYNC
etc). Still have to use PowerStrip with the 66.93 anyway (because the
overlay brightness don't work (PowerStrip can't set that).. Well..

To bad Nvidia introduces VERY GOOD new settings that DON'T WORK :-(

Sounds like these drivers dont like the older cards since these settings
work fine with my 6600gt pci-e

Old January 29th 05, 09:43 PM
edde

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
Hmmm... Have tested some more drivers... Status so far...

44.03 - Overlay color settings are restored at boot
45.23 - Overlay color settings are restored at boot
61.77 - Overlay color settings are NOT restored at boot
66.93 - Overlay color settings are NOT restored at boot

So this problem did not come with 66.93, but it got worse there as the
color profiles for the games profiles (new feature) are not loaded
either, but that might be the same bug (all are color stuff :-)

The main desktop color settings are restored however :-/

Strenge no one else has noticed this, can anyone help test?
Could this be a problem not affecting newer card (have a 4200)?

As I mentioned, I dont have this probem. Settings are restored properly
using the 66.93 and 6600GT PCI-e card.

Old February 1st 05, 06:07 AM
???

I have mentioned this problem a number of times allong with a few
other overlay issues and it seems to fall on deaf ears or you get lots
of others saying it works fine with my xxxx card, which of cause is
not the same card I / you are having problems with

Old February 3rd 05, 06:48 PM
critcher

edde skrev:

As I mentioned, I dont have this probem. Settings are restored properly
using the 66.93 and 6600GT PCI-e card.

I have tested the 56.xx series drivers now, and there overlay
brightness is restored too. Seems to be a problem from the 61.77
series and up. Maybe they don't test this on the 4x.00 cards?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

I have a problem with the moving characters on games and some screensavers
not being visible, the plus screensavers and golf games.
any one else noted this?
Winxp with sp2
athlon 1.4mhz
512 ram
tnt2 vid card
nvidia drivers 66.93

Old February 3rd 05, 06:56 PM
critcher

"
--

I have a problem with the moving characters on games and some screensavers
not being visible, ie. the plus screensavers and golf games.

any answers appreciated

Winxp with sp2
athlon 1.4mhz
512 ram