D865PERL motherboard with PCI 2.2 slots.

Old August 24th 06, 09:39 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
***** charles

Default D865PERL motherboard with PCI 2.2 slots.

Hi all,

I have an Intel MB D865PERL. I would like to get
a HD controller card for one of the pci slots. They
are all supposed to be 2.2 spec compatible. The
spec says it defines up to 64 bit and 66MHz. How
can I determine what the actual specs of the pci
slots in this motherboard are so that I can match a
HD controller card, either U320 or SATA2 raid
with multiple drives so that I can "saturate" the bus?

thanks,
charles.....

Old August 24th 06, 10:27 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Puddin' Man

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:39:50 GMT, "***** charles"
wrote:

Hi all,

I have an Intel MB D865PERL. I would like to get
a HD controller card for one of the pci slots. They
are all supposed to be 2.2 spec compatible. The
spec says it defines up to 64 bit and 66MHz. How
can I determine what the actual specs of the pci
slots in this motherboard are so that I can match a
HD controller card, either U320 or SATA2 raid
with multiple drives so that I can "saturate" the bus?

thanks,
charles.....

For the MB PCI, see
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd...ustryspecs.htm
about 2/3 the way down.

Puddin'

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,
Pease pudding in the pot
Nine days old.
Old August 24th 06, 11:17 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
***** charles

wrote:

Hi all,

I have an Intel MB D865PERL. I would like to get
a HD controller card for one of the pci slots. They
are all supposed to be 2.2 spec compatible. The
spec says it defines up to 64 bit and 66MHz. How
can I determine what the actual specs of the pci
slots in this motherboard are so that I can match a
HD controller card, either U320 or SATA2 raid
with multiple drives so that I can "saturate" the bus?

thanks,
charles.....

For the MB PCI, see
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd...ustryspecs.htm
about 2/3 the way down.

The link above does not lead to information on whether the pci
slots are 32 or 64 bit or 33MHz or 66MHz.

later.....

Old August 25th 06, 12:23 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Puddin' Man

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:17:36 GMT, "***** charles"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Hi all,

I have an Intel MB D865PERL. I would like to get
a HD controller card for one of the pci slots. They
are all supposed to be 2.2 spec compatible. The
spec says it defines up to 64 bit and 66MHz. How
can I determine what the actual specs of the pci
slots in this motherboard are so that I can match a
HD controller card, either U320 or SATA2 raid
with multiple drives so that I can "saturate" the bus?

thanks,
charles.....

For the MB PCI, see
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd...ustryspecs.htm
about 2/3 the way down.

The link above does not lead to information on whether the pci
slots are 32 or 64 bit or 33MHz or 66MHz.

later.....

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periphe...t_Interconnect

PCI 2.2 allows for 66 MHz signalling (requires 3.3 volt signalling)
(peak transfer rate of 503 MB/s)

You can figger 32 or 64 bit from the 503 mb/sec???

Gone!

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,
Pease pudding in the pot
Nine days old.
Old August 25th 06, 06:20 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
***** charles

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:17:36 GMT, "***** charles"
wrote:

.. .

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periphe...t_Interconnect

PCI 2.2 allows for 66 MHz signalling (requires 3.3 volt signalling)
(peak transfer rate of 503 MB/s)

You can figger 32 or 64 bit from the 503 mb/sec???

So the conclusion is that a 64 bit/66MHz pci raid card with four SATA150
hard drives or two SATA300 hard drives would be about right as the
answer to my original question?

later.....

putting custom boot logo on d865perl motherboard [email protected] Intel 0 December 12th 05 11:37 AM
any know of a good socket-939 motherboard with 64-bit pci slots? upgrdman Homebuilt PC's 2 August 2nd 04 11:00 PM
Motherboard for P4. MS Overclocking 80 August 2nd 04 10:14 PM
Motherboard for P4. MS Homebuilt PC's 76 August 2nd 04 10:14 PM
Problem installing chipset driver for D865PERL Motherboard Gott Homebuilt PC's 3 May 14th 04 10:04 PM