Memory timings for speed

Old September 10th 04, 11:15 AM
Gareth Tuckwell

Default Memory timings for speed

OK. I'm trying to tweak my PC and improve things a little. I understand
clock speeds, voltages etc., but memory jargon has got me stumped. For max
performance, what should I set these things to...

I currently have a pair of 512 pc2700 cas 2.5 modules. Next week I will fill
my final socket with a 1GB pc2700 cas 2.5 module. (I do lots of photo
editing and need loads of RAM).

DRAM Clock = obvious, higher = faster.
DRAM timing = obvious - SPD (auto) or manual
DRAM CAS Latecy = 2.5 - I know the lower the better, but what is this??
Bank Interleave = Disabled, 2 bank or 4 bank - what is this please and what
is fastest??
DRAM Burst length - explain + advise please?
DRAM queue depth - 1, 2, 3 or 4 level - explain and advise please?
DRAM command rate - explain + advise please?
System performance - normal, fast, faster, fastest. sound obvious, but
changing this makes things unstable
DDSkew level - 00 to 0C. Explain and advise please?

I have 'google'd these terms, but I don't quite follow it all. Someone out
there can hopefully explain it to me more easily.

Thanks for the help

GT

Old September 10th 04, 09:54 PM
Raj

yea I want to oc my 2500+ to a 400 MHz fsb but my 512 pc2700 is holding me
back, I have the A7N8X DLX mobo, when I set it to 400 MHz fsb windows would
crash ( I set the processor voltage to 1.7 when I oc to 3200 speeds) should
I bump my voltage on my ram? am not sure about ran like cas latecy and all
that other mumbo jumbo, please help us! lol

Old September 11th 04, 07:48 AM
CoCo

hi

look he