Shims

Old July 3rd 03, 06:01 PM
Steve Trussing

Default Shims

x-no-archive: yes

Shap wrote:

"Steve Trussing" wrote:

Shap wrote:

Ok, I need some help. I am ordering some thermal compound and a new
northbridge chipset cooler. I am probably going with Arctic
Ceramique and the Zalman Chipset cooler. But what is a shim and how
is it used?
I have this advertised on anumber of sites. I have an Athlon XP 1700
and a Coolermaster Aero 7+. Do I need a shim? How would I use it?

You don't need a shim, you need only to be careful.

[big snip]

Thanks Steve. I will not be buying a shim, and I WILL BE CAREFUL!!!!!

You're very welcome. A shim would of course only be used on a CPU
heatsink anyway, not a chipset heatsink.

--
Indeed I am.
Well, you're right about that.

Are cpu shims worth using? Jim General 4 April 11th 04 04:10 PM
Are cpu shims worth using? kony Homebuilt PC's 1 April 11th 04 04:10 PM
Are cpu shims worth using? Jim Overclocking AMD Processors 1 April 11th 04 04:00 PM
Are cpu shims worth using? Jim Homebuilt PC's 1 April 11th 04 04:00 PM
Shims? J.Clarke Overclocking AMD Processors 8 September 26th 03 02:21 PM