Software that comes with the retail LG 4082B multi-drive

Old June 12th 04, 08:57 AM
Daniel Prince

Default Software that comes with the retail LG 4082B multi-drive

Is the software that comes with the retail LG 4082B multi-drive any
good? I use Nero 5.5.10.58 with my Liteon CD-RW drive and I like it
except for the fact that I can not make it default to not having a two
second gap between tracks on audio CDs.

How does the LG retail software compare with Nero 5.5 or Nero 6.x?

About how much would a legitimate version of Nero 6.x that would work
with both a LG DVD burner and my Liteon CD-RW cost? Thank you in
advance for all replies.
--
I just heard a TV commercial about an automobile that has a rear
entertainment system. I immediately wondered exactly how would an
Old June 13th 04, 05:20 AM
MCheu

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:57:59 GMT, Daniel Prince
wrote:

Is the software that comes with the retail LG 4082B multi-drive any
good? I use Nero 5.5.10.58 with my Liteon CD-RW drive and I like it
except for the fact that I can not make it default to not having a two
second gap between tracks on audio CDs.

How does the LG retail software compare with Nero 5.5 or Nero 6.x?

About how much would a legitimate version of Nero 6.x that would work
with both a LG DVD burner and my Liteon CD-RW cost? Thank you in
advance for all replies.

As far as I know, LG is still bundling B's Gold and NeoDVD as burning
programs, and PowerDVD for DVD playback.

Those are the same programs that were bundled with their older 4040B
drive (the drive I own). PowerDVD is an excellent DVD playback
program. After having used Nero 5 for a long while (it was bundled
with my LG CDRW drive), however, B's Gold is disappointing. Never did
bother installing NeoDVD, so I can't say.

A retail boxed version of Nero 6 is about $80-$115 Canadian at local
shops. Divide by 1.35 to get approx USD. The Nero online shop wants
$99.99 + shipping for it. If you do the math, you've probably figured
out that it's probably cheaper to buy it locally than directly from
Nero.

You may need to visit more than one store to find the retail Nero 6
though. I found that most shops didn't stock it because many drives
come bundled with it.

MCheu
Old June 13th 04, 12:30 PM
Uwe Holter

Daniel Prince wrote:

Is the software that comes with the retail LG 4082B multi-drive any
good? I use Nero 5.5.10.58 with my Liteon CD-RW drive

Like I did ... :-)

and I like it
except for the fact that I can not make it default to not having a two
second gap between tracks on audio CDs.

Why not -- I have changed this setting once somewhere (don't no where
anymore off top of my head) and since then didn't have that gap anymore.

How does the LG retail software compare with Nero 5.5 or Nero 6.x?

The PowerDVD player is quite well, but the B's recorder and NeoDVD are
rather basic. Nero is way better.

About how much would a legitimate version of Nero 6.x that would work
with both a LG DVD burner and my Liteon CD-RW cost? Thank you in
advance for all replies.

I paid 35 Euro for the update to Nero 6, and it was definitely worth it.
You can purchase the update online at the Nero website.