P5GDC deluxe - one of best...

Old April 11th 05, 08:11 AM

Default P5GDC deluxe - one of best...

I just put it in my PC with 3.0 GHz P4/64.

1. Much better respone compared to A64 3200+. Much faster switching between
programs, programs run faster if more applications started together.

2. In tests, my P4 is slower compared to A64 but as stated above it is a
faster for me as I use office applications and encoding. Games don't run
much slower to be noticable. I can see that only in tests like 3DMark etc.
DVD to HDD drops from 25 minutes on A64 to 14 minutes on P4.

3. Sound - almoust a perfect. Clear and vivid, MP3 reproducts much better
than any onboard sound or Creative soundcard.

4. Memory read -
A64 = 4.800 Mb/s
P4=5.500 Mb/s

5. Temperature
A64 = 32°C idle, 45°C load
P4 = 38°C idle, 58°C load
I turned on Asus Qfan and I have low noise level.

Old April 11th 05, 10:14 AM
Paul

In article , "S" wrote:

I just put it in my PC with 3.0 GHz P4/64.

1. Much better respone compared to A64 3200+. Much faster switching between
programs, programs run faster if more applications started together.

2. In tests, my P4 is slower compared to A64 but as stated above it is a
faster for me as I use office applications and encoding. Games don't run
much slower to be noticable. I can see that only in tests like 3DMark etc.
DVD to HDD drops from 25 minutes on A64 to 14 minutes on P4.

3. Sound - almoust a perfect. Clear and vivid, MP3 reproducts much better
than any onboard sound or Creative soundcard.

4. Memory read -
A64 = 4.800 Mb/s
P4=5.500 Mb/s

5. Temperature
A64 = 32°C idle, 45°C load
P4 = 38°C idle, 58°C load
I turned on Asus Qfan and I have low noise level.

You are absolutely correct. You should choose your platform based
on the expected application set. P4 is good for office applications
and some gaming, while Athlon64 allows the fastest gaming platforms
to be constructed.

If you work in a large business, you can sometimes get loaner
systems for a couple of days, to do benchmarking. Professionals
don't rely on magazine articles or USENET chit-chat when selecting
systems, and benchmarking on real live hardware is the only way to
know which platform is the right one for a dedicated application.

With respect to your memory benchmarks, the best figures I've
seen for overclocked systems, are around 9000 MB/sec for _both_
the Athlon64 and the P4 LGA775. In other words, it is all a question
of how hard you want to turn the memory clock knob, and how
exotic a cooling system the computer is equipped with. Things
get even more interesting if you look at dual or quad processor
systems - the highest Sandra I've seen yet on the web, is
12000MB/sec for a dual Opteron. A dual Xeon will have a hard
time matching that.

It is a lot like drag racers - somebody always owns a faster one :-)
The fastest core clock I've seen recently, is 7.2GHz, using
what I believe is a three stage cooler. Imagine how fast you
could scroll a Microsoft Word document with that processor :-)))

Paul