Canon i960 vs. Canon i860

Old October 28th 03, 04:48 AM
Myra

Default Canon i960 vs. Canon i860

I will be purchasing a printer soon and have read enough to know that
the i960 takes 6 cartridges at about $199 and the i860 takes 5 (2 blk)
at about $149.

Now I would like to here from the printer owners out there about the
quality of each printer.

Pros and Cons

I do print some photos and Im concerned with the i860 and the photo
quality. Do you notice any dots in the print outs only having 4
colors.

Thanks,
Myra

Old October 28th 03, 09:55 AM
Greg Kamer

Hi Myra,
Can't help you out with the i860, but I just purchased the
i960. The photos I print are incredible. No dots at all. Might have
something to do with the 3,072 individual print nozzles, the fact each drop
if ink is measured at 2 picoliters (2 billionths of a liter) and I read
someplace that it lays down something like 72 million drops of ink per 1
inch of image. But all the technical stuff aside, the prints I've made so
far using Canon Photo Paper Plus have all come out photo lab quality. Heres
a link that offers great reviews on all sorts of printers. Maybe this will
help you decided:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/printers.html

Hope this helps....

Old October 28th 03, 06:17 PM
Jasper

I have an S900 (predecessor to I950), which I'm very happy with, and a
friend has an I850. While I haven't compared prints side by side, his prints
look very good. If I were buying a printer I would probably go with the I950
because photo quality is my main concern, and there would be some
difference, or so I assume. However, since you are going to do "some"
photos, from what I have seen, the I850 would make you happy. I don't know
if this helps or not.

Jasper