asus p5gdc deluxe

Old October 23rd 05, 07:38 AM
Fox

Default asus p5gdc deluxe

Recently I buyed a P5GDC Deluxe motherboard, but I am experiencing some
difficulties in BIOS configuration for the drives connected, and I don't
know if there is any failure in mb.

As per manual instructions I connected to PRI IDE 1 HD Maxtor 6B120P0
(master) and by the same cable HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B (slave); and I
connected to PRI_RAID 1 HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B SCSI CdRom Device (master)
and by the same CD cable HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B SCSI CdRom Device.

IF

In sub menu IDE Configuration

CONFIGURATION SATA AS [STANDARD IDE]

ON BOARD IDE OPERATE MODE [ENHANCED MODE]

ENHANCED MODE SUPPORT ON [S-ATA+P-ATA]

In the BIOS Main Menu I read this information:

Primary IDE Master : not detected

Primary IDE Slave: not detected

Secondary IDE Master: not detected

Secondary IDE Slave: not detected

Third IDE Master: Maxtor 6B120P0

Third IDE Slave: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B

IF

In sub menu IDE Configuration

CONFIGURATION SATA AS [STANDARD IDE]

ON BOARD IDE OPERATE MODE [ENHANCED MODE]

ENHANCED MODE SUPPORT ON [SATA MODE]

In the BIOS Main Menu I read this information:

Primary IDE Master : Maxtor 6B120P0

Primary IDE Slave: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B

Third IDE Master: not detected

Third IDE Slave: not detected

Fourth IDE Master: not detected

Fourth IDE Slave: not detected

IF I connect a SATA HD

In sub menu IDE Configuration

CONFIGURATION SATA AS [STANDARD IDE]

ON BOARD IDE OPERATE MODE [ENHANCED MODE]

ENHANCED MODE SUPPORT ON [SATA MODE]

In the BIOS Main Menu I read this information:

Primary IDE Master : Maxtor 6B120P0

Primary IDE Slave: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B

Third IDE Master: Maxtor 6Y120M0

Third IDE Slave: not detected

Fourth IDE Master: not detected

Fourth IDE Slave: not detected

In the DOS window before the the BIOS Menu, I read

IT8212 ATAPI BIOS V. 1.7.1.52

COPYRIGHT 2002-2004 ITE, INC. ALLRIGHTS RESERVED

DRIVE 0: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4120B UDMA2

DRIVE 1: NOT DETECTED PIO 0

DRIVE 2: NOT DETECTED

DRIVE 3: NOT DETECTED

However in WINXP all the peripherals work properly and in my computer they
are visible.

Before to install the P5GDC Deluxe, on my PC I had a P4P800 Deluxe, and I
configured BIOS without problems: all the devices are visible, and I could
to choose the properly booting CD Rom device.

In addition, on the P4P800 mb I had a SATA HD - as additional non bootable
disk - which the BIOS detected as Third IDE master.

If I now connect the SATA device to sata1 connector, the HD is the Primary
IDE master.

I updated the BIOS to GDCD1010.rom, but it is no change in the problem.

Can you help me to set properly the BIOS?

Or there is any failure in the motherboard?

Thank you.

Old October 23rd 05, 12:19 PM
Paul

In article , "Fox"
wrote:

[...]

Try connecting DVD-ROM GDR8161B to SEC_RAID via its own private
cable. Now you will have one drive on each cable connected to
the 8212F, and each drive will be master, and on the end of the
cable.

http://support.asus.com.tw/faq/faq_r...Language=en-us

To boot from an optical drive connected to the 8212F,
insert a bootable CD disk into the optical drive, before
you push reset and start the BIOS. If a bootable CD is
present in the drive, you are supposed to be able to
use that drive to boot. When the BIOS starts the POST
process, press F8 and see if your BIOS has a popup
boot menu option - if it does not, you'll have to
enter the regular boot screen in the BIOS, and select
the CD on the 8212F from there.

In terms of best DMA performance, try this: