AGP card upgrade

Old October 7th 09, 02:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
wayneP

Default AGP card upgrade

This machine has a Athlon X2 4200 processor on a MSI K8N 939 board and
running with Vista 32 Ultimate. The machine is adequate for most of my needs
especially since I'm not a gamer. I do watch a fair amount of HDTV on this
machine and my current video card (nVidia 6200) only scores 2.3 on the Vista
check.

Last Spring I tried to put a Radeon X1650 card in but there was a problem
using the card with the dual core processor and I don't recall if it was a
hardware or software issue. I was looking for a new video card because the
DVI output stopped working with the nVidia card. I didn't track down the
problem to see if it was the card, the cable or the monitor. Now I'd like to
upgrade to improve my WMC performance.

Will the ATI HD 3000 or HD 4000 series AGP cards work in my machine?

TIA,

Wayne

Old October 7th 09, 08:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

Since you are doing HDTV, one of these might be good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...& Order=PRICE

Note their scores he

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/vid...-hd4550_6.html

But note that that is with features active that may not be active at all
for some players including the flash players.
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org
http://antiwar.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old October 7th 09, 11:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
wayneP

Thanx. Ed.

I already had a 4650 and a 4670 on my Newegg wish list while I look further
into the problem I had with the X1650 and my dual core Athlon.

There was something somewhere on the AMD/ATI site last Spring but I can't
find it now.

Wayne