MSWORD won't print . . .

Old June 12th 09, 11:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ray

Default MSWORD won't print . . .

Recently I installed a new HP deskjet printer, and everything works fine
EXCEPT --

I use MSWORD 97 as my word processor. After installing the new printer,
whenever I click a MSWORD document to print, it simply closes the
document -- without saving it.

None of my other document creators has this problem.

Any guidance welcome.

Old June 13th 09, 12:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Cari

Reinstall Word.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging

Old June 13th 09, 12:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Al[_5_]

On Jun 12, 6:56 am, "Ray" wrote:
Recently I installed a new HP deskjet printer, and everything works fine
EXCEPT --

I use MSWORD 97 as my word processor. After installing the new printer,
whenever I click a MSWORD document to print, it simply closes the
document -- without saving it.

None of my other document creators has this problem.

Any guidance welcome.

I don't think MSWORD is seeing the new printer. Hover over the printer
ICON and see which printer it shows.
Instead of clicking on a printer icon, use the "print" option in the
dropdown file and select the correct printer. If you have to change to
get the new printer, then Word is not seeing the printer as the
default. Go to the control panel and correct the default printer.
Old June 13th 09, 08:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
RCC

In message
, Al
writes
On Jun 12, 6:56 am, "Ray" wrote:
Recently I installed a new HP deskjet printer, and everything works fine
EXCEPT --

I use MSWORD 97 as my word processor. After installing the new printer,
whenever I click a MSWORD document to print, it simply closes the
document -- without saving it.

None of my other document creators has this problem.

Any guidance welcome.

I don't think MSWORD is seeing the new printer. Hover over the printer
ICON and see which printer it shows.
Instead of clicking on a printer icon, use the "print" option in the
dropdown file and select the correct printer. If you have to change to
get the new printer, then Word is not seeing the printer as the
default. Go to the control panel and correct the default printer.

I struggled with a similar problem, but no new printer - word simply
ceased to work with the one I had even though it appeared to recognise
it in all the dialogue boxes. It worked fine on other machines on our
home network, so I just reinstalled word on the one causing a problem
and it has been fine since. No rhyme or reason, it just did. So I echo
the advice in the first reply.
--
Richard C
Old June 17th 09, 04:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:56:26 +0000, Ray wrote:

Recently I installed a new HP deskjet printer, and everything works fine
EXCEPT --

I use MSWORD 97 as my word processor. After installing the new printer,
whenever I click a MSWORD document to print, it simply closes the
document -- without saving it.

None of my other document creators has this problem.

Any guidance welcome.

Download OpenOffice from OpenOffice.org for Windows and you will not have
any problems. It also reads and writes MS formats.
Old June 17th 09, 02:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

measekite wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:56:26 +0000, Ray wrote:

Recently I installed a new HP deskjet printer, and everything works fine
EXCEPT --

I use MSWORD 97 as my word processor. After installing the new printer,
whenever I click a MSWORD document to print, it simply closes the
document -- without saving it.

None of my other document creators has this problem.

Any guidance welcome.

Download OpenOffice from OpenOffice.org for Windows and you will not have
any problems. It also reads and writes MS formats.

The above is just more drivel from the mind of our village idiot. How
is that third party photo paper working out for you?