Looming problem with partitions

Old February 4th 04, 05:48 AM
jan

Default Looming problem with partitions

Looking at my partitions with Partition Expert, I have the following:

PARTITION LTR CAPACITY FREE TYPE TYPE-No. NBR LINUX
NO
80GB NTFS F 15.27GB 2.3GB NTFS 7h 5 HDB5
UNALLOCATED-------------7.844MB
LINUX / 7.83GB 5.05GB EXT3 83H 6 HDB6
Unallocated 53Gb

This is a Maxtor 80Gb drive. Partition Magic shows the drive as BAD
and
doesn't display the partitions.

I boot with floppies and have Redhat v9, SUSE v8.1 and WXP Pro. All
systems boot fine but since PQ Magic says the drive is bad, I feel my
days are numbered.

Can someone tell me what is wrong, and how to fix it?

[I did notice that there is no partition "1", like hdb1. I don't know
how this
happened]. All the partitions are primary.
There are three other drives in the machine: two are IDE and one is an
older Seagate SCSI on an Adaptec 2940uw.
Please email me if this is not enough info.

Jan