Windows Messenger

Old October 13th 03, 03:21 PM
Noel Thomas

Just read in ComputerActive that Zone Alarm stops Messenger 6 working
correctly.
Noel
"Tiggerad01" wrote in message
Sorry, tried version 6 also with no luck
"Tiggerad01" wrote in message
Hi All,

Has anyone have any suggestions in using Windows Messenger ? I am

using
a Creative Web cam, It work fine for a few days now its intermittent

i.e.
the other side can't see me or hear while I can hear and see them or

vice
versa. I have a DSL Connection going thru a router and this is using win

xp,
windows messenger 4.7,tried version but can't even connect with it. Any

info
will be much appreciated.

Rgds,

Tiggerad01

Old October 13th 03, 03:34 PM
Lothar

In article ,
"Tiggerad01" wrote:

Hi All,

Has anyone have any suggestions in using Windows Messenger ? I am using
a Creative Web cam, It work fine for a few days now its intermittent i.e.
the other side can't see me or hear while I can hear and see them or vice
versa. I have a DSL Connection going thru a router and this is using win xp,
windows messenger 4.7,tried version but can't even connect with it. Any info
will be much appreciated.

Rgds,

Tiggerad01

You said it worked and then didn't. I'm not sure what exactly is
happening. Since this is the most common problem people with routers
having, I'm including this bit of info:

Your router must support UPnP to work with Windows Messenger for

more than text. If it's older than late 2001, it probably doesn't
support it. Perhaps a router firmware upgrade may be available to
include support UPnP. http://www.upnp-ic.org/

Old October 14th 03, 08:44 AM
SLayER

windows messenger or msn messenger???

i use version 6... dont know where u got version 4.7 from....

i suggest you download the very latest version.....

http://www.mess.be/ go here and have some fun getting all the addons

get the beta 6.1.0128 beta version.....but if yu are not happy with
messenger try an app called trillian...not a free app (unless yu can crack)

regards slayer

Old October 15th 03, 08:17 AM
LordSnooty

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:06:56 -0700, "Tiggerad01"
wrote:

Thank You all for your help ....

"Tiggerad01" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All,

Has anyone have any suggestions in using Windows Messenger ? I am

using
a Creative Web cam, It work fine for a few days now its intermittent i.e.
the other side can't see me or hear while I can hear and see them or vice
versa. I have a DSL Connection going thru a router and this is using win

xp,
windows messenger 4.7,tried version but can't even connect with it. Any

info
will be much appreciated.

Dump it