All-in-one printers which can scan, fax without ink cartridges?

Old October 15th 12, 08:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
franz47

Default All-in-one printers which can scan, fax without ink cartridges?

After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my
less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are
any all-in-one devices on the market which can scan (and fax) without
ink cartridges.

--
Franz47
EMail im Absender wird nie gelesen. Kontakt hier über die Newsgroup
Old October 15th 12, 09:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
me

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:37:17 +0200, Franz47 wrote:

After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my
less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are
any all-in-one devices on the market which can scan (and fax) without
ink cartridges.

It's called a FAX MACHINE.
Old October 15th 12, 10:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Franz47"

After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my
less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are
any all-in-one devices on the market which can scan (and fax) without
ink cartridges.

Brother Laser all-in-ones. No ink, they use dry toner ;-)

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
Old October 16th 12, 01:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
who where

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:15:44 -0400, me wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:37:17 +0200, Franz47 wrote:

After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my
less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are
any all-in-one devices on the market which can scan (and fax) without
ink cartridges.

It's called a FAX MACHINE.

Those things? Saw one in a museum recently, right next to the telex.
Old October 16th 12, 03:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "who where"

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:15:44 -0400, me wrote:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:37:17 +0200, Franz47 wrote:

After realizing that without ink cartridges I cannot scan or fax with my
less that one year old HP Photosmart C410b I wonder whether there are
any all-in-one devices on the market which can scan (and fax) without
ink cartridges.

It's called a FAX MACHINE.

Those things? Saw one in a museum recently, right next to the telex.

Actually, it is older than one thinks...

The facsimile machine as we know it is just an updated, digital, version.
During the Napoleanic wars the French used a new technology called the
Pantelegraph which used telegraph wires to transmit an analog facsimile and
was created by the Italian Giovanni Caselli.

Old October 17th 12, 01:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

David H. Lipman wrote:

Actually, it is older than one thinks...

The facsimile machine as we know it is just an updated, digital,
version. During the Napoleanic wars the French used a new technology
called the Pantelegraph which used telegraph wires to transmit an analog
facsimile and was created by the Italian Giovanni Caselli.

Hi,

I wonder if you would be kind enough to explain the presence of
telegraph wires in Europe during the Napoleonic Wars, which are dated at
1803-1815. There was a primitive multiwire telegraph system in Germany
since 1832, and Samuel F.B. Morse invented the first single wire
telegraph system (plus Morse code) in 1837. That leaves a mystery as to
how there were telegraph wires before the electrical telegraph was invented.

I will appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Mort Linder
Old October 17th 12, 02:00 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Mort"

David H. Lipman wrote:

Actually, it is older than one thinks...

The facsimile machine as we know it is just an updated, digital,
version. During the Napoleanic wars the French used a new technology
called the Pantelegraph which used telegraph wires to transmit an analog
facsimile and was created by the Italian Giovanni Caselli.

Hi,

I wonder if you would be kind enough to explain the presence of telegraph
wires in Europe during the Napoleonic Wars, which are dated at 1803-1815.
There was a primitive multiwire telegraph system in Germany since 1832,
and Samuel F.B. Morse invented the first single wire telegraph system
(plus Morse code) in 1837. That leaves a mystery as to how there were
telegraph wires before the electrical telegraph was invented.

I will appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Mort Linder

First lest me state I am NO HISTORY EXPERT so what I posted was from vague
memory of information.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantelegraph

By 1856, he had made sufficient progress for Leopold II, Grand Duke of
Tuscany to take an interest in his work, and the following year he travelled
to Paris where he was assisted by the engineer Paul Gustave Froment, to whom
he had been recommended by Léon Foucault, to construct the first
Pantelegraph. In 1858, Caselli's improved version was demonstrated by French
physicist Alexandre-Edmond Becquerel at the French Academy of Sciences in
Paris.[1]

On 10 May 1860 Napoleon III visited Froment's workshop to observe a
demonstration of the device, and was so enthused by the device that he
secured access for Caselli to the telegraph lines he needed to further his
work, from Froment's workshops to the Paris Observatory. In November 1860 a
telegraph line between Paris and Amiens was allotted to Caselli which
enabled a true long-distance experiment, which was a complete success, with
the signature of the composer Gioacchino Rossini as the image sent and
received, over a distance of 140 km (87 mi).[1]

Old October 17th 12, 02:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

From: "Mort"

David H. Lipman wrote:

[...]

Thanks, but you gave me no answer. How were telegraph wires present in
Europe in the time frame 1803-1815, many years before the telegraph was
invented?

Thanks.

Mort
Old October 17th 12, 03:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Mort"

From: "Mort"

David H. Lipman wrote:

[...]

I gave you an answer but I did not explain it properly so you would
understand it.

In short the information comes from my memory and not being a history expert
I mistakenly connected the use by the latter Napolean III to the earlier
Napoleanic wars.

Old October 18th 12, 01:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

From: "Mort"

From: "Mort"

David H. Lipman wrote:

[...]

Thanks a lot for your nice explanation, which certainly makes a lot of
sense. I do appreciate it.

Mort