Export/Import Canon IP4000 Printing Profiles

Old July 25th 08, 04:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
flahmeshess

Default Export/Import Canon IP4000 Printing Profiles

I'm installing a new OS on my PC. I have a few printing profiles
which I want to migrate to the new OS. I wonder if there is a quick
way to export/import the printing profiles. I've search the registry
and the harddisk but I can't find anything obvious that I can just
copy over. Thanks very much.
Old July 26th 08, 12:04 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Roy G[_2_]

"flahmeshess" wrote in message
I'm installing a new OS on my PC. I have a few printing profiles
which I want to migrate to the new OS. I wonder if there is a quick
way to export/import the printing profiles. I've search the registry
and the harddisk but I can't find anything obvious that I can just
copy over. Thanks very much.

IF you are using XP, then the profiles are in Windows System 32 Spool
Drivers Color.

IF Windows 98, then they are in Windows System Color

They are very small files, so you could easily copy them onto a "Thumb
Drive", and transfer them across. They are not OS specific.

Roy G

Old July 26th 08, 01:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
flahmeshess

That's great to know that it can be done.
I have Win2K. I went to the same folder. But I don't which files to
copy.... I just copy them all ? Thanks very much... it would save me
a lot of time and also know that my profiles are migrate correctly.

7,036 170B7.icm
1,616 adod6522.icm
1,608 appd6518.icm
329,296 CNB64CA0.ICM
329,296 CNB64CB0.ICM
329,296 CNB64DB0.ICM
329,296 CNB64EB0.ICM
329,296 CNB64ED0.ICM
17,372 CNBJPRN2.ICM
197,560 Cx3200_r.icm
197,560 Cx5200_r.icm
614 Diamond Compatible 9300K G2.2.icm
560 EWadobe.icm
540 EWapple.icm
536 EWcie.icm
552 EWcmatch.icm
540 EWntsc.icm
540 EWpalsec.icm
536 EWsmpte.icm
3,128 EWSRGB.ICM
552 EWwide.icm
1,592 gend9318.icm
1,592 gend9322.icm
610 Hitachi Compatible 9300K G2.2.icm
59,564 mnb22g15.icm
59,564 mnb22g18.icm
59,564 mnb22g21.icm
59,964 mnebug15.icm
59,964 mnebug18.icm
59,964 mnebug21.icm
59,980 mnp22g15.icm
59,980 mnp22g18.icm
59,980 mnp22g21.icm
614 NEC Compatible 9300K G2.2.icm
1,624 ntscic22.icm
197,564 PER120_R.ICM
197,596 PER120_T.ICM
197,564 PER124_R.ICM
197,596 Per124_t.icm
197,564 PER125_R.ICM
197,596 PER125_T.ICM
197,568 Per126_r.icm
197,600 Per126_t.icm
197,564 PER164_R.ICM
197,596 PER164_T.ICM
197,564 PER165_R.ICM
197,596 PER165_T.ICM
197,576 Per166_r.icm
197,608 Per166_t.icm
197,576 Per240_r.icm
197,600 Per240_t.icm
197,564 PER245_R.ICM
197,596 PER245_T.ICM
197,556 PER610_R.ICM
197,556 Per640_r.icm
1,632 radd5018.icm
3,144 sRGB Color Space Profile.icm
610 Trinitron Compatible 9300K G2.2.icm

Old July 29th 08, 07:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Christoph Lindemann[_2_]

For this you can use the Windows Print Migrator:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...grator3.1.mspx
(works for all NT versions)

or

Windows printui.dll:
"rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?"

--
Christoph Lindemann
Undocumented Printing

Old July 31st 08, 05:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
flahmeshess

Hi Christoph
I've tried the first utility, it does not migrate the printing
profiles across.
The 2nd, I've looked at it. A little complicated. I'll try and
feedback to you.

Thanks for the info.

For this you can use the Windows Print Migrator:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...rview/printmig...