Import and export to save application profiles?

Old October 25th 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Import and export to save application profiles?

Also, is there a way to import and export application profiles from NVIDIA driver
options? It will be annoying to reset all the video options/settings for gamers with many
games if he/she needs to uninstall, clear all NVIDIA datas, and reinstall the driver
cleanly.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Is it for pleasure you were made? Not for doing, and for action? Look at the plants, the sparrows, the ants, spiders, bees, all doing their business, helping to weld the order of the world. And will you refuse man's part? And not run the way of nature's ordering?" --Marcus Aurelius
/\___/\
( )
Old October 26th 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
wrote:
Also, is there a way to import and export application profiles from NVIDIA driver
options? It will be annoying to reset all the video options/settings for gamers with many
games if he/she needs to uninstall, clear all NVIDIA datas, and reinstall the driver
cleanly.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.nhancer.com/

Just what you need.

Thanks. I noticed its profile collection is a bit old. I didn't see newer games like
Oblivion, FEAR, etc. Hopefully, making my own still works since the program hasn't been
updated since 2005!
Old October 27th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

wrote:
Also, is there a way to import and export application profiles from NVIDIA driver
options? It will be annoying to reset all the video options/settings for gamers with many
games if he/she needs to uninstall, clear all NVIDIA datas, and reinstall the driver
cleanly.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.nhancer.com/

Just what you need.

Thanks. I noticed its profile collection is a bit old. I didn't see newer games like
Oblivion, FEAR, etc. Hopefully, making my own still works since the program hasn't been
updated since 2005!

You are looking for a problem where none exists. Here's the lowdown:

A game profile already created either in the Forceware suite or the
nhancer package, should only be created to correct an incompatibility or
to increase functionality that the game lacks.

For example, the Forceware suite always includes certain OpenGL games
with texture clamping set on or off, based on the quirks of that
particular engine. So you will always see 'game profiles' for Quake or
Doom. Only because: they fix a potential bug.

The game itself, DirectX games especially, should have all the options
that the game profile would normally provide. Such as FSAA, and texture
filtering options. Many games do not have those options, such as Dungeon
Siege 2. To activate FSAA in DS2, you use a game profile that forces
FSAA when the Dungeon Siege 2 executable is run.

I can tell what you are thinking, or at least disappointing in learning,
that 'game profiles' somehow contain magic speed increasing settings
that only the men behind the curtain could know. Other than the careful
combination of settings that you provide, based on your unique
configuration, there is no magic in a suite-provided game profile.

Bottom line: Install nhancer, read every single help-item on every
settings (it's well documented) and you will find that you can easily
and effective make your own profiles that you can:

1) Tweak to your exact requirement
2) Get the most speed/eye candy that you desire
3) Be assured your settings are actually working
4) Export and Import said settings, so you can change driver revisions
without the hassles of redoing all profiles.

It's not hard, and the benefits are, in terms of quality gaming, massive.

Old October 27th 06, 03:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Ah thanks. I am only going to change Anistropic mostly. Older games (e.g., Jedi
Outcast, C&C:G, etc.) will have 16X anistropic while newer games (Oblivion, FEAR,
etc.) will have lower or none. I will mess with this tool on the weekend or whenever
I have free time.