What the heck is the name of the connector thingys used to connect LED to motherboard?

Old April 1st 04, 12:28 AM
Phil Weldon

What you want comes in two parts. The housing and the contact inserts; non
polarized connector housing with female crimp pins. You crimp the wires to
the female inserts, then put the inserts in the housing. The connector on
the motherboard is an inline (2.54 mm) pitch male header with 0.025 inch
square pins.

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

wrote in message
I went to radioshack and tried looking for those connectors when one
end plugs on the motherboard, and the other end you slip in the wire
for the LED.

Radioshack person didn't know what I was talking about... so anyone
know the real name for these connectors?

Yes, I know this is a o/c group, but I figure o/c guys would know
about this with all the LED mods going on.

Thx for info on this!

Old April 1st 04, 03:40 AM
Overlord

I get mine at a real electronics store, the kind that caters to TV repair
and such. Lots of racks with lots of bins of parts. You might bring
along one of the connectors to make sure you're finding the right one.
If you've messed with them enough tho, you should recognize them.
If you can only find a longer connector, and have a steady hand, you
can trim it down.

The technical term is connector thingys.

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:40:04 -0500, wrote:

I went to radioshack and tried looking for those connectors when one
end plugs on the motherboard, and the other end you slip in the wire
for the LED.

Radioshack person didn't know what I was talking about... so anyone
know the real name for these connectors?

Yes, I know this is a o/c group, but I figure o/c guys would know
about this with all the LED mods going on.

Thx for info on this!

~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost