Can't print to Dell 2330dn

Old November 1st 12, 09:20 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stuart[_3_]

Default Can't print to Dell 2330dn

I have a Dell 2330dn which is connected directly to my home network. It
has been working fine but I have just moved to fibre broadband,
necessitating a new modem and router, and now non of my computers can
print to it.

The new router has the same address range as the old one and I have tried
powering off the printer and on again with no success.

Help please

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Old November 1st 12, 09:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stuart[_3_]

In article ,
Stuart wrote:
I have a Dell 2330dn which is connected directly to my home network. It
has been working fine but I have just moved to fibre broadband,
necessitating a new modem and router, and now non of my computers can
print to it.

The new router has the same address range as the old one and I have tried
powering off the printer and on again with no success.

Help please

I should have mentioned that if I put its IP address into a browser I can
communicate with it that way.

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Old November 3rd 12, 12:21 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
default[_3_]

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 09:58:44 +0000, Stuart wrote:

In article ,
Stuart wrote:
I have a Dell 2330dn which is connected directly to my home network. It
has been working fine but I have just moved to fibre broadband,
necessitating a new modem and router, and now non of my computers can
print to it.

The new router has the same address range as the old one and I have
tried powering off the printer and on again with no success.

Help please

I should have mentioned that if I put its IP address into a browser I
can communicate with it that way.

Maybe a security setting in the new router blocking whatever protocol is
used to find the printer. I assume you are using Windows. A long shot,
but you might try re-installing the printer software. Or maybe the
printer software has a configuration page that allows it to hunt for the
printer again.
Old November 3rd 12, 11:41 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Stuart[_3_]

In article ,
default wrote:
Maybe a security setting in the new router blocking whatever protocol is
used to find the printer. I assume you are using Windows.

XP on this machine but the W7 machine can't print either

A long shot, but you might try re-installing the printer software. Or
maybe the printer software has a configuration page that allows it to
hunt for the printer again.

Tried that yesterday. The installer checks and comes back with the printer
type and installs the driver but test print fails. It just ends up sitting
in the print queue.

After spending most of yesterday tearing my hair out and somehow screwing
up windows completely, requiring a full re-install, I gave up. It is now
connected to this machine vis USB and it is then shared to other computers.

It's a PITA because it means I have to ensure this computer is on all the
time.

I could have a look at the router but I don't understand the significance
of half the stuff. I just ran the quick setup program, typed in the
necessary user name and passwords, accepted the defaults (they usually
work ok) and that was that.

--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
http://www.asciiribbon.org

Dell 2330dn Stuart[_3_] Printers 3 September 22nd 12 04:43 AM
Dell All-In-One 942 slow to print mystery Robbie Printers 1 October 4th 07 10:54 AM
Dell monitor specifications -- how to save or print? David Ellis Dell Computers 4 January 22nd 05 04:40 PM
Print Server For Dell AIO printer Jason Printers 1 December 30th 04 09:55 AM
Dell Print cartridges Scott Dell Computers 2 December 16th 03 10:02 PM