FX 5200 users (and possibly other users check this out!)

Old October 3rd 03, 11:31 AM
E-rich

Default FX 5200 users (and possibly other users check this out!)

Ok, if your running your card at 8x...apparently it'll disable SBA (side
band addressing) automatically...force that sucka on..I used that nv
hardpage to open up the new option of hardware options, and set the sba to
forced on. Guess what? HALO SCREAMS! Im not even overclocking! Then I ran
some quick little benches on 3dmark03, and the tests were much faster! I'll
do a full test tonight. I was just amaze that SBA made that thing go so damn
fast! I think I'll be keeping this card :-D

-E-rich

Old October 3rd 03, 08:09 PM
E-rich

Just use NVHARDPAGE, and activate hardware options. Then itll be there. I
think you have to enable it each time.
"The Bad Momber" wrote in message
can you post a link to enabling side band addressing?
I have never tried that and it might help my system out I'm still stuck

with
AGP 4X

Old October 3rd 03, 08:29 PM
E-rich

I'll be doing that tonight. Most noticebly, in Aquamark 3, in the demo and
such, with SBA on it bumped frames up by 5! So instead of chuging at like
19, it was giving me 24, which hey, i'll take what i can get with DX9 and
this card. But yes, later this evening I will post some benches

"The Bad Momber" wrote in message
Be sure and post some benchmarks I'm anxious to see them. It should give

me
an idea of what I can expect when I get all my upgrades installed. If you
can post old scores and new scores so we can see the differences.

thanks

Old October 3rd 03, 09:03 PM
E-rich

Heres One.... this is with my aparture size @ 64...gonna up it again
Date / Time: 10/3/2003 3:54:43 PM (604218ms)
1700MHz, 512MB, 128M nVidia GeForceFX 5200 (DeviceID=0x0322)
Driver=6.14.10.4523 Shader=1.1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.eXe -use11 -timedemo
(Version=1.0.1.580)
Frames=4700
Total Time=295.12s
Average frame rate=15.93fps
Below 5fps= 14% (time) 0% (frames) (42.786s spent in 17 frames)
Below 10fps= 24% (time) 5% (frames)
Below 15fps= 46% (time) 21% (frames)
Below 20fps= 64% (time) 41% (frames)
Below 25fps= 83% (time) 67% (frames)
Below 30fps= 94% (time) 86% (frames)
Below 40fps= 98% (time) 95% (frames)
Below 50fps= 99% (time) 96% (frames)
Below 60fps= 99% (time) 97% (frames)
Memory used Max=166MB, Min=132MB, Ave=153MB
This is WITHOUT SBA!!

HERE IS WITH SBA!!!

Date / Time: 10/3/2003 4:02:34 PM (1075078ms)
1700MHz, 512MB, 128M nVidia GeForceFX 5200 (DeviceID=0x0322)
Driver=6.14.10.4523 Shader=1.1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.eXe -use11 -timedemo
(Version=1.0.1.580)
Frames=4700
Total Time=294.74s
Average frame rate=15.95fps
Below 5fps= 14% (time) 0% (frames) (43.151s spent in 17 frames)
Below 10fps= 24% (time) 5% (frames)
Below 15fps= 46% (time) 21% (frames)
Below 20fps= 65% (time) 42% (frames)
Below 25fps= 83% (time) 67% (frames)
Below 30fps= 94% (time) 86% (frames)
Below 40fps= 98% (time) 94% (frames)
Below 50fps= 99% (time) 96% (frames)
Below 60fps= 99% (time) 97% (frames)
Memory used Max=165MB, Min=132MB, Ave=153MB

Does that seem any faster? I saw some noticble faster times this time
around.

t...

Old October 3rd 03, 09:22 PM
E-rich

Here we go, here they are...
First bunch are with 64 for AGP aparture
First demo is without SBA, normal settings, 32 bit color in 1024x768

Date / Time: 10/3/2003 3:54:43 PM (604218ms)
1700MHz, 512MB, 128M nVidia GeForceFX 5200 (DeviceID=0x0322)
Driver=6.14.10.4523 Shader=1.1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.eXe -use11 -timedemo
(Version=1.0.1.580)
Frames=4700
Total Time=295.12s
Average frame rate=15.93fps
Below 5fps= 14% (time) 0% (frames) (42.786s spent in 17 frames)
Below 10fps= 24% (time) 5% (frames)
Below 15fps= 46% (time) 21% (frames)
Below 20fps= 64% (time) 41% (frames)
Below 25fps= 83% (time) 67% (frames)
Below 30fps= 94% (time) 86% (frames)
Below 40fps= 98% (time) 95% (frames)
Below 50fps= 99% (time) 96% (frames)
Below 60fps= 99% (time) 97% (frames)
Memory used Max=166MB, Min=132MB, Ave=153MB

Second demo is with SBA, normal settings, 32 bit color in 1024x768
Date / Time: 10/3/2003 4:02:34 PM (1075078ms)
1700MHz, 512MB, 128M nVidia GeForceFX 5200 (DeviceID=0x0322)
Driver=6.14.10.4523 Shader=1.1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.eXe -use11 -timedemo
(Version=1.0.1.580)
Frames=4700
Total Time=294.74s
Average frame rate=15.95fps
Below 5fps= 14% (time) 0% (frames) (43.151s spent in 17 frames)
Below 10fps= 24% (time) 5% (frames)
Below 15fps= 46% (time) 21% (frames)
Below 20fps= 65% (time) 42% (frames)
Below 25fps= 83% (time) 67% (frames)
Below 30fps= 94% (time) 86% (frames)
Below 40fps= 98% (time) 94% (frames)
Below 50fps= 99% (time) 96% (frames)
Below 60fps= 99% (time) 97% (frames)
Memory used Max=165MB, Min=132MB, Ave=153MB
-----
The following are with 128 for AGP aparture
First demo is without SBA, normal settings, 32 bit color in 1024x768

Date / Time: 10/3/2003 4:13:43 PM (116781ms)
1700MHz, 512MB, 128M nVidia GeForceFX 5200 (DeviceID=0x0322)
Driver=6.14.10.4523 Shader=1.1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.eXe -use11 -timedemo
(Version=1.0.1.580)
Frames=4700
Total Time=297.28s
Average frame rate=15.81fps
Below 5fps= 15% (time) 0% (frames) (45.107s spent in 16 frames)
Below 10fps= 24% (time) 5% (frames)
Below 15fps= 46% (time) 22% (frames)
Below 20fps= 65% (time) 41% (frames)
Below 25fps= 83% (time) 67% (frames)
Below 30fps= 94% (time) 86% (frames)
Below 40fps= 98% (time) 94% (frames)
Below 50fps= 99% (time) 96% (frames)
Below 60fps= 99% (time) 97% (frames)
Memory used Max=166MB, Min=132MB, Ave=153MB

Second demo is withSBA, normal settings, 32 bit color in 1024x768
Date / Time: 10/3/2003 4:20:16 PM (516921ms)
1700MHz, 512MB, 128M nVidia GeForceFX 5200 (DeviceID=0x0322)
Driver=6.14.10.4523 Shader=1.1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\Halo.eXe -use11 -timedemo
(Version=1.0.1.580)
Frames=4700
Total Time=291.42s
Average frame rate=16.13fps
Below 5fps= 13% (time) 0% (frames) (39.399s spent in 15 frames)
Below 10fps= 23% (time) 5% (frames)
Below 15fps= 44% (time) 20% (frames)
Below 20fps= 64% (time) 41% (frames)
Below 25fps= 83% (time) 67% (frames)
Below 30fps= 94% (time) 86% (frames)
Below 40fps= 98% (time) 95% (frames)
Below 50fps= 99% (time) 96% (frames)
Below 60fps= 99% (time) 97% (frames)
Memory used Max=165MB, Min=132MB, Ave=153MB

As you can see there is a noticble difference