Crossposting. Was: "What is the box thing near the fan aperture?"

Old April 12th 04, 12:34 AM
Dino

Default Crossposting. Was: "What is the box thing near the fan aperture?"

Dickens wrote:

Patrick wrote:

Dickens wrote:

I am not reall dumb. Honest. Or so my mum tells me.

Nope, you are not dumb. But, you do tend to **** folks off
when you cross post to all those newsgroups!!!

AND, because I am not certain that you even read one specific
newsgroup, I MUST POST to replies to them ALL!!!!!

Sorry to be brusque Patrick but if you can't or won't set crosspost
killing in your newsreader then you can hardly expect me to stop
crossposting to relevant newsgroups.

This is a problem at your end and you need to solve it. if you
must get ****ed off then get don't get ****ed off at me!

Now, THAT makes ME a bad guy, for being STOOPID in trying to
HELP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of stoopid people on the usenet and you say you are
another. In your case your own claimed stupidity probably comes
from not understanding about crossposting. As one of my previous
links showed you, the The Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval
actually requires a newsreader have the ability to crosspost before
they approve it.

Read it again: http://www.newsreaders.com/gnksa/gnksa.txt

Most of us monitor them ALL, looking to help folks, and your
name and addy pop up in them ALL! NOW, MY reply will,
also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because you are a good samaritan (and of course that is a good
thing) does not mean that you can unilaterally mandate that people
post inappropriately by *not* crossposting to several groups when
each one is relevant.

I am not crossposting to off-topic groups like
alt.conspiracy.princess-diana or whatever.

Slows me down when I am searching to help someone, and I have
to read your messages AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN!!!!!!!

May I suggest you use crosspost killing. Are you perhaps confusing
multiple posting (which must be downloaded and seen multiple times)
with crossposting (which does not)?

Now, all the OTHER great folks who help others out, will ALSO
haveto read through your message, and my reply, on several
different boards!!!!!!

They are not complaining so I guess it is mainly a problem you are
having with how you use your newsreader. I should guess that your
Mozilla/5.0 has a crosspost kill feature somewhere. Maybe someone
in news.software.readers who sees this can advise you.

HEADER:
Gecko/20030908 Debian/1.4-4

crosspost cancelled
Old April 12th 04, 05:02 PM
Demetrius Zeluff

Daniel James wrote in
:

In article , Ric wrote:
You would be correct if you had included a "REPLY-TO" group in your
header. You didn't, so you aren't.

"Reply-To:" headers do more harm than good.

You mean "follow up to".

If a question is asked in five groups and anwered in (any) one of those
groups the answer *should* be visible in all five, so that everyone who
sees the question can also see that it has been answered. The common
netiquette advice to use a "Reply-To:" to direct all answers to a
single group is actually counter-productive.

Netiquette advice is to set a followupto, and mention that in the body.
anyone who wants to read the thread can subscribe to that group. Anyone
who isn't interested need do nothing, unless that group is the one being
followed-upped-to, in which case they can filter the thread out.

--
Kill-filers:
My screen name changes,