AIW 8500DV cassette to CD

Old October 24th 03, 01:46 AM
Voluntty

Default AIW 8500DV cassette to CD

I have an ATI AIW8500DV video card and would like to copy cassette tapes
through my vid card to my computer and then burn to CD. I have Nero 6 to
burn to CD, but need to know if my ATI software will work to do the other
part. Is there freeware to this?

Old October 24th 03, 01:49 AM
J.Clarke

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:16:59 -0700
"Greg" wrote:

I'm in the process of changing my LP's (those are vinyl discs called
"records" for those of you who aren't old enough) to CD's, and have
found Roxio's Creator 6 to work easily and it has utilities for
removing "noise". All works great thru my AIW 7500.

I'm a bit puzzled as to what part the video board plays in all of this
other than displaying the application screens. Generally audio capture
is done using a sound board, not a video board.

"Voluntty" wrote in message
I have an ATI AIW8500DV video card and would like to copy cassette
tapes through my vid card to my computer and then burn to CD. I
have Nero 6 to burn to CD, but need to know if my ATI software will
work to do the other part. Is there freeware to this?

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old October 24th 03, 01:57 AM
Chimera

Voluntty wrote:
I have an ATI AIW8500DV video card and would like to copy cassette
tapes through my vid card to my computer and then burn to CD. I have
Nero 6 to burn to CD, but need to know if my ATI software will work
to do the other part. Is there freeware to this?

There's heaps of software around to acomplish this (somewhat tedious) task.
If you've never tried capturing, you're best starting by reading through
some of the analog capture guides on the web

www.doom9.org/capture/start.html
www.lukesvideo.com

Old October 24th 03, 07:19 AM
JAD

I'm a bit puzzled as to what part the video board plays in all of this
other than displaying the application screens. Generally audio capture
is done using a sound board, not a video board.

J.C.,
you were confusing possibly the word 'cassette' with audio cassette where as this person was referring to VHS tape I think

Old October 24th 03, 08:09 AM
J.Clarke

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 06:19:17 GMT
"JAD" wrote:

I'm a bit puzzled as to what part the video board plays in all of
this other than displaying the application screens. Generally audio
capture is done using a sound board, not a video board.

J.C.,
you were confusing possibly the word 'cassette' with audio cassette
where as this person was referring to VHS tape I think

I'm curious as to where one gets vinyl VHS discs.

Recording CDs from cassette Don. Cdr 3 October 21st 04 09:38 PM
8500DV Abit BH6 / Powerleap PL-iP3/T 2.0 Issues and solutions Dr. J Ati Videocards 1 August 5th 03 08:54 PM
Connecting a projector on a 8500DV or 7500 Bernard Mataigne Ati Videocards 0 July 16th 03 09:45 PM
ATI AIW 8500DV - FAN J.Clarke Ati Videocards 2 July 11th 03 02:58 PM
ATI AIW 8500DV and DV captures Pigs on the Wing Productions Ati Videocards 1 July 10th 03 09:33 PM