Stupid thing

Old July 17th 03, 07:21 PM
John

Default Stupid thing

Hey all,

After installing the newest catalyst, everytime I reboot my machine, the
[c:\ati\support] folder opens. Is this a glich or something? Is there an
easy way to stop this from happening?

TIA
John

Old July 17th 03, 08:30 PM
Ben Pope

John wrote:
Hey all,

After installing the newest catalyst, everytime I reboot my machine,
the [c:\ati\support] folder opens. Is this a glich or something? Is
there an easy way to stop this from happening?

Check the startup folder(s) and:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

Even easier, if you're using a win9x:
msconfig - startup options

Ben

Old July 17th 03, 08:38 PM
patrickp

"John" wrote in message
Hey all,

After installing the newest catalyst, everytime I reboot my machine, the
[c:\ati\support] folder opens. Is this a glich or something? Is there an
easy way to stop this from happening?

TIA
John

That's the folder that the ATi installer unpacks the files to before
installing them (and also keeps them as reference for modification/repair).

Sounds like, however your install appeared to go, something didn't complete.
Were the installs, in fact, completely successful? Try going to Add/Remove
Programs and run the ATi uninstall for everything but the display driver,
then when InstallShield boots, try running the Repair option.

If that doesn't work, uninstall everything and reinstall. This time, make
sure each stage has completed: you should allow it to get to the do you want
to reboot? option. Also, make sure you uninstall properly first, and follow
the ATi instructions for installation, with the proviso that, if your card
is an AIW or VIVO and you're installing the drivers separately, follow the
old order of capture driver, don't reboot, display driver, reboot, control
panel, reboot.

Oh, and delete that ATi folder after uninstalling if you have to reinstall.

HTH patrickp

Old July 18th 03, 04:55 AM
John

That did it....Thanks

"patrickp" - take five to email me wrote in
message ...

Old July 19th 03, 02:01 AM
patrickp

"John" wrote in message
That did it....Thanks

Excellent - was it the Repair option that worked, or did you have to
reinstall?

patrickp