Refilling cartridges - how do you cover the hole?

Old November 29th 05, 05:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Refilling cartridges - how do you cover the hole?

How do you fill the hole after refilling cartridges?

I currently use sticky electrical tape but there has to be a better way!

JD

Old November 29th 05, 06:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"JD" wrote in message
How do you fill the hole after refilling cartridges?

I currently use sticky electrical tape but there has to be a better way!

JD

Which printer? Which cartridges? For Canon carts there is a very long
thread on the Nifty-Stuff Forum about sealing the fill hole.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

My favorite is to not punch out the fill hole plastic ball seal. Instead I
use a paper clip wire that has been heated in a flame to make a hole between
the factory fill hole and the end of the cart. I then use a stainless steel
#6 3/8 or 1/2 inch pan head sheet metal screw with an O-ring that is very
tight fitting around the screw. It will self thread into the hole made by
the paper clip and produce an excellent seal. If you are refilling a Canon
OEM bci-6 cart and have punched out the factory seal you can contact
Computer Friends and ask if you can buy their blue plastic plugs. They
include them in their refill kit, but their ink is pretty expensive. Most
tapes do not produce an effective seal. Some people have used a glue gun,
but the s.s. screws or the blue plugs are easier to use.

Old November 29th 05, 07:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"Burt" wrote in message
. com...
"JD" wrote in message
How do you fill the hole after refilling cartridges?

I currently use sticky electrical tape but there has to be a better way!

JD

Which printer? Which cartridges? For Canon carts there is a very long
thread on the Nifty-Stuff Forum about sealing the fill hole.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

My favorite is to not punch out the fill hole plastic ball seal. Instead
I use a paper clip wire that has been heated in a flame to make a hole
between the factory fill hole and the end of the cart. I then use a
stainless steel #6 3/8 or 1/2 inch pan head sheet metal screw with an
O-ring that is very tight fitting around the screw. It will self thread
into the hole made by the paper clip and produce an excellent seal. If
you are refilling a Canon OEM bci-6 cart and have punched out the factory
seal you can contact Computer Friends and ask if you can buy their blue
plastic plugs. They include them in their refill kit, but their ink is
pretty expensive. Most tapes do not produce an effective seal. Some
people have used a glue gun, but the s.s. screws or the blue plugs are
easier to use.

An 8-32 or 10-32 screw will be a perfect fit for the fill port. I prefer to
cut threads with a 10-32 tap and then use a nylon screw to seal the opening,
but a stainless steel screw will also cut threads if a tap isn't available.
--
Ron

Old November 29th 05, 06:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Ron Shaw wrote:

In article ,
says...

How do you fill the hole after refilling cartridges?

I currently use sticky electrical tape but there has to be a better way!

JD

Hot glue gun plus a small tab of duct tape works great, is easy to pull
off for next refill. This avoids small air leaks that lead to dripping
with canon cartridges.

CANON OEM CARTS NEVER DRIP
Old November 29th 05, 06:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

JD wrote:

How do you fill the hole after refilling cartridges?

IN HOLLAND THEY STICK THEIR FINGER IN IT

Old November 29th 05, 08:41 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Jeff wrote:

measekite wrote in news:%e1jf.26428$Zv5.7088
:

Ron Shaw wrote:

In article ,
says...

How do you fill the hole after refilling cartridges?

I currently use sticky electrical tape but there has to be a better way!

Hot glue gun plus a small tab of duct tape works great, is easy to pull
off for next refill. This avoids small air leaks that lead to dripping
with canon cartridges.

CANON OEM CARTS NEVER DRIP

Hey, you're right for once! I just drilled a 1/8" hole at the top of my
newly empty Canon carts and filled them with fresh HobbiColors ink.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU REFILLED THE CARTS WITH CAUSE THEY WILL NOT
TELL YOU. ALL YOU KNOW IS YOU WENT TO A WEBSTORE AND BOUGHT SOMETHING
FROM THAT PLACE.

Then
sealed the holes with 1/8" soft rubber plugs sold online. Yeah, man, Canon
OEM carts never drip! Thanks for the tip. You're a genius, Measekite. Jeff

Old November 29th 05, 09:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

measekite wrote in
. net:

Jeff wrote:

measekite wrote in news:%e1jf.26428$Zv5.7088
:

Ron Shaw wrote:

In article ,
says...

How do you fill the hole after refilling cartridges?

I currently use sticky electrical tape but there has to be a better
way!

Hot glue gun plus a small tab of duct tape works great, is easy to
pull off for next refill. This avoids small air leaks that lead to
dripping with canon cartridges.

CANON OEM CARTS NEVER DRIP

Hey, you're right for once! I just drilled a 1/8" hole at the top of
my newly empty Canon carts and filled them with fresh HobbiColors ink.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU REFILLED THE CARTS WITH CAUSE THEY WILL NOT
TELL YOU. ALL YOU KNOW IS YOU WENT TO A WEBSTORE AND BOUGHT SOMETHING
FROM THAT PLACE.

Sure I do. It's on the HobbiColors website -
http://www.hobbicolors.com/page3.html

*Latest generation colorants for maximum color purity, vibrancy and wide
gamut to achieve optimal inkjet photo printing performance.

*Rapid lubricant additive for cleaning printhead orifices to reduce
residual dye accumulation.

*Ink volatility enhancer to speed up ink drying time to increase edge
sharpness.

*Advanced additives of solubilizing agent, surfactant and penetrant.

*Anti-evaporation additive (humectant) to inhibit ink volatilization and
prevent printhead clogging.

*Anti-filtration additive to render reliably the vibrancy of the three
primary colors.

*Precision spectral matching technology.

*Biocide additive to prevent bacteria growing.
__________

Now show me the specifics of what's in Canon brand ink so I know what I'm
getting, Measekite. The website, please. Jeff
Old November 29th 05, 09:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Jeff wrote:

measekite wrote in
. net:

Jeff wrote:

measekite wrote in news:%e1jf.26428$Zv5.7088
:

Ron Shaw wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Between you and I, Jeff, I think that would be a Canon secret. They will
not tell you what's in the ink NOR who made it. We know *they* didn't,
they're not an ink manufacturer.

-Taliesyn
Old November 29th 05, 10:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Taliesyn wrote:
Jeff wrote:

measekite wrote in
. net:

Jeff wrote:

measekite wrote in news:%e1jf.26428$Zv5.7088
@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

Ron Shaw wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]