restore problems and ?'s

Old November 13th 05, 12:39 AM

Default restore problems and ?'s

Since i was finally able to retire my old PB i thought it was time to
put it back to good uses from it's time. The drive was backed up and
the case opened. I removed all the cards and removed the powerleap so
it could be used in another pc. A pentium 166 with mmx was installed
and the jumpers were set. The origional hard drive was in storage and
after installing it i realized i had a problem. The origional restore
disks were long gone but i still had the restore disks for a different
pb which i successfully used on this pc. The drive that contained the
format number has since died but i still have it on a piece of paper.
Now, when i tried the restore and recovery disk i found out it was dead
so i used a win 98 boot disk and using it's cd support ran the recovery
cd that way. last time i ran the software on this pc i did not yet have
the mr. bios update however now i do have it, all the system
information that you could see in the system credintals program can not
be found and some books did not appear in the bookshelf after the
restore was finished. Is this information stored on the bios?

finally, i do have the disk numbers for the computer i am restoring:

-Dead floppy
-Packard bell restore and recovery disk ver. 2.1W, BPCS#146734

I also have the numbers for the disks that origionally shipped with the
pc:

-Restore Diskette: 142650-03
-Master restore cd: 170904
-Navigator CD: 170894-02

now, i really don't want to pay a fortune for new disks but if anyone
has these disks or is willing to send me a copy for a good price it
would really help.
Thanks.

Old November 13th 05, 02:56 PM
Elector

wrote in message
ups.com...
snip
-Dead floppy
-Packard bell restore and recovery disk ver. 2.1W, BPCS#146734

I also have the numbers for the disks that origionally shipped with
the
pc:

-Restore Diskette: 142650-03
-Master restore cd: 170904
-Navigator CD: 170894-02

now, i really don't want to pay a fortune for new disks but if
anyone
has these disks or is willing to send me a copy for a good price it
would really help.
Thanks.

I think Metronid may be able to assist. he has great knowledge in
these disks as well as Simon in the UK.

Elector

Old November 13th 05, 11:40 PM
metronid

I have a copy of 170990-04
It should be almost a perfect match for your original computer
I haveb also a copy of the restore floppy

Old November 14th 05, 02:48 PM
Elector

"metronid" wrote in message
. ..
I have a copy of 170990-04
It should be almost a perfect match for your original computer
I haveb also a copy of the restore floppy

I knew you were the man!

Elector

Old November 15th 05, 01:27 AM

great!
would you e-mail it or mail it?

Old November 15th 05, 02:08 AM
metronid

I can mail it
NEED THE ADDRESS
wrote in message
ups.com...
great!
would you e-mail it or mail it?

Old November 15th 05, 03:53 PM

before i give you the address do i have to pay for the shipping?
also, i will send you the address via email

Old November 15th 05, 04:09 PM
metronid

The shipping is about 1 dollar
Just return it with 3 US POSTAGE stamps
after you receive the item
It is no big deal

oups.com...

Old November 16th 05, 02:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

email me.

I will give you the mailing information.
yes, i am using my fathers account.

Old November 17th 05, 01:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Thanks man. Now all i need is the navigator cd. (Navigator CD:
170894-02 )
I will just look around for it.

Quick Restore CD [email protected] Compaq Computers 9 September 18th 04 12:27 PM
Omega Drivers Striker Ati Videocards 14 June 10th 04 02:40 PM
Compaq Presario 6000 restore problem. Gary Compaq Computers 10 May 22nd 04 09:06 PM
Need help: System Restore malfunction HistoryFan Dell Computers 18 February 6th 04 11:04 PM
Major Computer Problems Toronto Garage Door Company General 20 November 13th 03 10:41 PM