WIRELESS KEYBOARD MOUSE RECEIVER Q

Old April 27th 20, 04:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default WIRELESS KEYBOARD MOUSE RECEIVER Q

I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse that works fine on one
computer, using its USB receiver. I want to be able to use the same
keyboard and mouse on a second PC nearby. Without having to move the
USB receiver I find USB slots to be too fragile for frequent use. Some
of mine have already died. Ergo I am thinking of just buying a
second receiver for that PC's USB. I don't know what to buy. A
Logitech so-called 'universal' receiver?
xxxxx
Old April 27th 20, 07:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
David W. Hodgins

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 11:20:22 -0400, wrote:

I have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse that works fine on one
computer, using its USB receiver. I want to be able to use the same
keyboard and mouse on a second PC nearby. Without having to move the
USB receiver I find USB slots to be too fragile for frequent use. Some
of mine have already died. Ergo I am thinking of just buying a
second receiver for that PC's USB. I don't know what to buy. A
Logitech so-called 'universal' receiver?

Won't work if they are nearby, as the mouse/keyboard output would be picked up by
both receiver's at the same time, unless only one pc will powered on at a time.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...g-receiver-usb

Get a separate mouse/keyboard for the second pc with the new receiver. They
come already paired, so they won't interfere with the existing one. I've used
that setup with two systems that were side by side.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change to for
email replies.
Old April 27th 20, 08:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 14:46:21 -0400, "David W. Hodgins"
wrote:

[...]

Good info - I am running thataway now and was trying to avoid the
inconvenience of manual switching 'tween keyboards/mice. I even have
tried several KVMs, only to have them ALL crap out after short usages.
IMO they are a waste of $$$.
Thanx
xxxxx
Old April 27th 20, 10:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
David W. Hodgins

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 15:52:55 -0400, wrote:

Good info - I am running thataway now and was trying to avoid the
inconvenience of manual switching 'tween keyboards/mice. I even have
tried several KVMs, only to have them ALL crap out after short usages.
IMO they are a waste of $$$.

Rather than a kvm, I have two keyboards/mice, side by side. Both are using
the usb receivers, and do not interfere with each other.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

--
Change to for
email replies.
Old April 28th 20, 12:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 17:04:25 -0400, "David W. Hodgins"
wrote:

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 15:52:55 -0400, wrote:

Good info - I am running thataway now and was trying to avoid the
inconvenience of manual switching 'tween keyboards/mice. I even have
tried several KVMs, only to have them ALL crap out after short usages.
IMO they are a waste of $$$.

Rather than a kvm, I have two keyboards/mice, side by side. Both are using
the usb receivers, and do not interfere with each other.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

that's where I started, some 2 years and some $$$ ago. Now I am back
to it.

Cya
xxxxx
Old April 28th 20, 12:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
SC Tom

wrote:

[...]

I've used Multiplicity for many years now:
https://www.stardock.com/products/multiplicity/?utm_source=stardock-software&utm_medium=multiplicity-3&utm_campaign=in-app-purchase

It's $20US for 2 PC's, but has been well worth it to me. Tried numerous
other freebies and trial versions, but most of them wouldn't remember their
configurations and settings from day to day.
--

SC Tom

Old April 29th 20, 11:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:56:53 -0400, "SC Tom" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I have had no luck with KVMs. Have bought and tossed three or four.
They all worked great for a while, then failed. IE they no longer
functioned right, No idea why. I am hooked up to one right now, and
it switches my monitor from one PC to a second just fine, but no
longer switches my mouse and keyboard. I still use it to save having
to have 2 monitors in front of me, but I have 2 keybords and 2 mice.
xxxxx
Old April 29th 20, 08:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

wrote:

[...]

I've been using an IOGEAR 4-Port DVI on my basement number-crunching/server
stack since 2012 with no problems. What sort where you buying to have so
many failures? Probably the only limitation of this unit is that it only
supports up to 1920X1200 resolution -- not a problem in its present
location but it wouldn't work on my daily-driver PC which is 2560X1440.

--
Bodger's Dictum: Artifical intelligence
can never overcome natural stupidity.
Old May 1st 20, 05:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Looks good! I have two PCs, one with W10, One with W7 and W10 (dual
boot). Can I boot up the second (remote) PC w/same keyboard/mouse
monitor? How does one actually make the PCs switch back and forth?
xxxxx

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 07:56:53 -0400, "SC Tom" wrote:

.. .