Is my almost decade old ATI Radeon 4870 video card finally failing?

Old August 8th 18, 05:21 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant

Default Is my almost decade old ATI Radeon 4870 video card finally failing?

Oh, I forgot to mention this too. I also had a few seconds power outage
a couple days ago in the early morning that my PC went off and then on
(no UPS' batter for it). It had no problems! The issue only happened
when the PC was manually turned off for hours and then manually powered
on.

FYI. Earlier, I turned off my PC for about 40 minutes earlier for kicks,
and then turned it on. Also, video card's fan does seem to spin when
powering on the PC too since I felt its cool air coming out in my low
80F degrees room. No problems there. I'll need to try again, but for
hours. Maybe I'll retest tonight when I don't need to use this old PC.
--
Quote of the Week: "You feel the faint grit of ants beneath your shoes,
but keep on walking because in this world you have to decide what you're
| |o o| | ing, then please kindly use Ant nickname and URL/link.
\ _ /
( )
Old August 9th 18, 03:50 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ant[_3_]

On 8/8/2018 9:21 AM, Ant wrote:
Oh, I forgot to mention this too. I also had a few seconds power outage
a couple days ago in the early morning that my PC went off and then on
(no UPS' batter for it). It had no problems! The issue only happened
when the PC was manually turned off for hours and then manually powered
on.

FYI. Earlier, I turned off my PC for about 40 minutes earlier for kicks,
and then turned it on. Also, video card's fan does seem to spin when
powering on the PC too since I felt its cool air coming out in my low
80F degrees room. No problems there. I'll need to try again, but for
hours. Maybe I'll retest tonight when I don't need to use this old PC.

No problems from this morning's five hours manual power off and on. This
one will be hard to reproduce as I expected. Hmm...
--
"... I should hope not. My question is do any of these little **** ants
know where you keep 'em?" --Henry R. "Hank" Schrader from Breaking Bad
| |o o| | http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
\ _ /
( )